Discuss A reminder about what a forum actually is. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Please note that when browsing our forum you may see opinions that you don't agree with. A forum by definition:-
forum

/for
A reminder about what a forum actually is. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
m/
noun ([SIZE=-1]pl.[/SIZE] forums) 1 a meeting or medium for an exchange of views. 2 [SIZE=-1]chiefly N. Amer.[/SIZE] a court or tribunal. 3 ([SIZE=-1]pl.[/SIZE] fora) (in ancient Roman cities) a public square or marketplace used for judicial and other business.
A forum is open discussion. It's to educate us all in an interest we all have, and it's a great place to find local contacts.

Please consider this when posting and don't take offense when people are discussing. We're all adults here.

And obviously like in life, these real people on this forum won't all agree, and I hope they don't, else our forum wouldn't be as popular as it is.

Peace :p

and peace be to you Brother Dan

Dietrich Bonhoeffer:
To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom.

and peace be to you Brother Dan

Dietrich Bonhoeffer:
To understand reality is not the same as to know about outward events. It is to perceive the essential nature of things. The best-informed man is not necessarily the wisest. Indeed there is a danger that precisely in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential. But on the other hand, knowledge of an apparently trivial detail quite often makes it possible to see into the depth of things. And so the wise man will seek to acquire the best possible knowledge about events, but always without becoming dependent upon this knowledge. To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom.

erm....yeah

wot Wayne said

It's the sub-text to Forrest Gump, but none the less true for that.
in the multiplicity of his knowledge he will lose sight of what is essential.
Not seeing the woods for the trees,

without becoming dependent upon this knowledge.
circular statistical argument?

To recognize the significant in the factual is wisdom.
We seem to have lost that filtering ability somewhere down the post war line. No reader of Bonhoeffer's output but I recognise what he said here.

i just thought this s**t would baffle someone for a while .nothing for ages then along comes carter .........bless

I heard that!

Just tickleing yer ribsa little ,old solder,i thought you would have had more to say.ps .you would have got a yellow smiley face but for some reason the smiles things dont want to work

Reply to A reminder about what a forum actually is. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock