Discuss A Warning Message! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

WarrenG

Appartently this message has been appearing in some Wholesalers so I thought I would post it here just in case! :mad:

Corgi has been made aware of a number of incidents nationally involving predominately housing association properties whereby tenants who are suspected users or suppliers of drugs are secreting dirty (used) needles with the bottom corner of light switches.

The needle is placed between the bottom of the rocker switch and the switch front plate. Any person activating the switch is likely to get a needle stick injury.

This malicious act is thought to be aimed at persons of authority and in particular police officers conducting warrant executions.

Therefore it is important that before a switch is operated it should be visually checked to ensure there is no danger from a needle.

Should a needle be encountered. Corgi members are advised not to remove the needle or use the switch, but to report the matter to the appropriate/responsible person for the premises i.e, the housing association and the police.

thanks for that. I did a lot of LA testing in Norwich a few years ago (where I learnt my testing as it goes) and some of the tenants though definitely a minority were not what I would call members of society (upstanding or otherwise) We had quite a few TTA( 2 to attend) properties for our own safety. There is a military surplus supplier who sell Kevlar lined gloves. I have no idea how to get a link up but they're called "Silvermans" and on the Mile End Road in london. If the gloves are military only( I don't think they are) there may be a way round it. All we want to do is our job. not end up with a small ----- in our hand

WOW...thanks very much for informing the members with that info...

Reply to A Warning Message! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock