Discuss Advise on changing spot light to a pendant in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

I would like to change some spotlights for a pendant light.

The only thing is I may struggle to cove the hole on the ceiling using a standard ceiling rose or plate.

Would any one kindly advise me the best way to complete this also what I may need to buy to cover the hole??

Regards

Chaz

Hi

I would like to change some spotlights for a pendant light.

The only thing is I may struggle to cove the hole on the ceiling using a standard ceiling rose or plate.

Would any one kindly advise me the best way to complete this also what I may need to buy to cover the hole??

Regards

Chaz
large ceiling rose - Google pretraga - https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=large+ceiling+rose&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=gXdsWvPLJMzU8gfi9JXABQ
Google is your friend

changing "some" spot lights for a single pendent may be more tricky than you think ............ how many do you have?

Factoring in a plasterer and decorator may be a sensible precaution.

Thanks for the quick reply will look into the large ceiling rose or covers. There are 6 spotlights in total.

Also would there be a specific kind on metal box which needs to be used as I'm assuming these spotlights won't be located near any joist??

Appolagise for the stupid questions and thanks for help

Not sure that will help - the OP says he wants to remove 6 x downlights

The only thing is I may struggle to cove the hole on the ceiling using a standard ceiling rose or plate

It might help with the holes where the pendent light is going, depending on hole size that is.

Circles of plasterboard and some Easi Fill 45
Simples!

If there are junctions at the downlight positions, you will need to make this permanent using maintenance free junction boxes such as the Hager

I removed one of my spot lights in the kitchen to put a hanging pendant over the dining table. This was a perfect fit.....
CC36A39E-9603-4C75-84B2-96EADA66CF65.jpeg

Great will give those a try I did forget to mention each pendant light weight 1kg each would this circular box be able to hold it

1kg.... Are you using bags of sugar for lamp shades....

Great will give those a try I did forget to mention each pendant light weight 1kg each would this circular box be able to hold it
It should hold, providing the plaster board edges are solid and the lugs get a good hold.

The box will hold 1kg. the ceiling probably not. floor up and a noggin fixed between joists. or await a Delboy, Rodney and grandad moment.

Reply to Advise on changing spot light to a pendant in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net