Discuss Alarm Installer No Longer Exists - Help! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Moved in to a property some months ago, never did bother with the Burglar alarm until today I had a power cut which set the alarm off. At which point I realised I do not have the codes to stop it once it does start sounding.

I tried to contact the installer (AED Security Wigan) for assistance but they dont appear to be an operating company anymore. What are the general next steps to do in this situation? I'm not entirely sure what brand the alarm is (pics below) So not entirely sure how to find any information about any codes I might need.

Pics

Main box - IMG 0088 - https://ibb.co/d76Jrv

Keypad - IMG 0090 - https://ibb.co/hWZMBv

Does anyone know what alarm this is? Ideally i'd want to be able to get the codes to disarm this when it sounds. But if thats not possible, i'd like to just turn it off altogether, can anyone advise on how to do this? Is it as straight forward as turning the RCD off then removing the battery? Usually when i turn the RCD off it starts to sound straight away.

thanks!

M

IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0089.JPG

You could take the battery out of the panel and bellbox and remove the fuse from the fused spur. If you want a functioning alarm then get an alarm company out who will be able to default the panel to default codes.

Just for future reference for anyone reading, if the alarm sounds during a power cut this usually means the battery in the panel is flat. In order to disable completely the battery in the bell box also needs to be removed.

Also,some models have an inbuilt default to error,after a certain number of operations,in other words,after turning the alarm on and off,2000 times,say.

This is to keep the installers "in the loop",and linked to the customer.

My parents had such an issue,and the original installer,(who was actually a working copper;)) had "left the industry",and advised me to change both batteries,which i did without result...
The lad i got out,reset the default in 5 minutes,and was more interested in the electrical diagrams he found,inside the panel. I told him i had drawn them,to identify the fact that i had soldered wires to the top and bottoms,of the lead flashings fitted to the garage i recently built. These were included,in series,to the tamper circuit wiring.

At the time,lead was £1000/tonne,and theft was a common occurrence.

He asked me if i considered doing it as a business,as he could incorporate it as an addition,to his installs...another lost Dragon's Den moment...:)

Reply to Alarm Installer No Longer Exists - Help! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net