Discuss am i qualified in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hughesy

i completed my part1 and 2 electrical installation also my 16th edition i then finally got a job as a mate and completed my NVQ3 ive coverd all areas of work ie domestic industrial commercial also do machine faults and panel building working from circuit diagrams etc as my 2nd year as a mate i have worked as an electrician doing rewires periodic testing maintenance etc etc and consider myself an electrician but would JIB give me a jib card and should i be on full money im taking my 17th edition next week and then doing my inspection and testing but so far only have 2 full years excellant experiance and feel fully competant in any electrical job . would like some unbiased veiws please guys . thanks

get your employer to give you a recommended grade

having completed your NVQ3 and your C&G parts 1 & 2 i would say you'd get an electricians grading.

give them a ring and enquire, they don't bite :)

get your employer to give you a recommended grade

having completed your NVQ3 and your C&G parts 1 & 2 i would say you'd get an electricians grading.

give them a ring and enquire, they don't bite :)

thanks mate , i also heard you have to take a test when you apply for your JIB card do you know out about this

nah mate, that's nonsense as far as i'm aware. JIB don't care, they just check your certs and issue a card with a grade

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt know you could pay to do NVQ3's in a year! i had always assumed it was a work based qualification certified over 3 years.

just goes to show we're always learning, i'm enjoying this forum

i didnt know you could pay to do NVQ3's in a year! i had always assumed it was a work based qualification certified over 3 years.

just goes to show we're always learning, i'm enjoying this forum

it is 3years for an apprentice but if your an older trainee you can pay 600 to do it you dont have to do it in one year but if you dont you have to pay 600 quid each year you go back but anyone can **** it in one year all you do is take pictures of you doing the work then do a write up with a few regs stated and methods of isolation and dont forget H&S you can get most of it from the college .
each unit you do is exactly the same 3 times oer domestic commercial industrial

you may need to sit an am2 practical test but the jib grading department will tell you everything you need

apparentley i dont have to take am2 because of my age what does that have to do with any thing its wierd

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone also just remembered that if you take your nvq 3 you are exempt from the H&S test which you need for your JIB card allthough only for 3 years

we have just taken an apprentice on where i work, he has done his Level 2 qualifications at the training college. had an meeting with his assesor for his level 3 NVQ and we were told that he had only to may 2009 to complete it, since then he has been informed that he has a bit longer.

Reply to am i qualified in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock