Discuss Am2 help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi does anyone have any good advice for the AM2, I have it booked for November at ERR in Birmingham cheers

As long as you can read a wiring diagram you’ll be fine with the practical. The heating system scares a lot of people but it’s easy.

Make sure to flick all the switches when doing insulation resistance on the lights (and disconnect anything vulnerable to test).

They’ll ask a few questions. I know a lot of lads have been asked how to calculate R1+R2 on a ring. r1+r2/4.

Almost everything you need for the testing is in your GN3.

Good luck!

I would recommend you do the refresher days, they helped a lot, make sure you do everything they tell you in the folder they give you. I took mine 3 months ago now in Birmingham and been told it’s the best centre to go to. They examiners are really nice and calm, the guy I had even helped me out if I looked stuck (like gestures and asking if I’m really sure about what I was doing, hinting I was wrong).
The practical is easy, just have to read the diagrams they give you and can’t go wrong, The online exam there’s nothing to worry about, the books they give you tell you everything and the questions tell you where to find the answers. Testing I found the hardest but if you go to the refresher days they go into so much detail about how they want it done and I wouldn’t have passed if I didn’t got to that.
Good luck mate hope some of this helped

Hi mate,

I took mine this year, and there was lots of advice threads on this forums which helped massively.

A good bit of advice I would give which helped me, was have in your head what order you're going to do the install in. I did the bits which I found most difficult first, but I know some people find doing the things they find easiest more helpful, so just find out what works for you mate

Also read the spec!!! sounds simple but many people fail by not following it.

Best of luck mate, and as others have said, the refresher definitely worth doing.

Cheers

Hi does anyone have any good advice for the AM2, I have it booked for November at ERR in Birmingham cheers
Make sure you read the instructions clearly when doing your practical and testing .
if you haven’t done any testing , make sure you get some practice in , there are a good few videos on you tube that clearly show you.
the theory exam , you should know about 10- 15 questions out of the 30 already , answer them first , that will give you more time to look for the answers for the other questions you don’t know. You will have regs book , osg, and building regs book , it’s just finding them quick enough , but the more you know , the more time you have on others .

Reply to Am2 help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock