Discuss AMTECH SOFTWARE - DATES in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,
I have an odd question to ask.
I don't want to do it, I'm just trying to find out if it has been done...
Can an Electrical Installation Condition Report be back dated with the Amtech software?
Thanks....

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
D

Deleted member 26818

Hi,
I have an odd question to ask.
I don't want to do it, I'm just trying to find out if it has been done...
Can an Electrical Installation Condition Report be back dated with the Amtech software?
Thanks....
I would have thought so.
Though it may entail changing the date on your computer and disconnecting it from the internet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks...
Doesn't this mean though, that any inspections supposedly carried out and accepted by councils etc as evidence of elec safety are a bit dodgy?

... not sure how much I can say, but someone is saying they had an inspection done a couple of years ago. We know they didn't, but now they have produced this Amtech report thingy. I just wondered if it was possible to falsify the report.

Yes, this is another issue, I don't want to get the electrician in trouble. He is NICIEC registered etc.

If it is a Report from a couple of years ago the format is slightly different to what we currently use but that is not to say the Report you have has not been falsified. Would be interesting to view it if you can post some pics without showing personal or company details.

D

Deleted member 26818

Thanks...
Doesn't this mean though, that any inspections supposedly carried out and accepted by councils etc as evidence of elec safety are a bit dodgy?
Not really, because a report (whether false or not) conducted a few years ago, does not reflect the current state of the installation.
What is dodgy, is that Councils will accept visual inspections over Inspections conducted in accordance with BS7671.

Is this any good... not sur eif you can see the detail, but should give you an outline for the overall look...

38910-bd8bfe0c1d682ddb09bd01c54268b92a.jpg

No can't view it but the one you PM'd me definitely shows the format which would have been in use two years ago.

Ok... thanks, so it is possible that its genuine then?
Could you tell me the date of the change in format?

...also,
Let's say I bought a property, and had some accomodations on it that needed to be checked as I was going to use them as Holiday Lets. I call an electrician who is NICIEC registered and ask him to check them for me...
Why would he give me these papers, the Amtech ones, would he not have to register anything with NICEIC?
Sorry, if I'm sounding dense...

The person who does the alterations should provide you with the necessary paperwork. Nothing has to be registered with the NICEIC and the person doing the work does not necessarily need to be a member of this trade body.

ok... thank you...
Sorry... wrote this one cos the other message didn't show up and I thought I'd forgotten to press go! :D

So, there is absolutely no way to prove that this is fake then... Crikey, the elec regulations and things are awfully loose aren't they... considering how dangerous these things can be you'd think there would be a way of insisting on at least a qualified person doing to work...

Thank you for you time WestWard10... much appreciated...

Thanks... yes, would appreciate any thoughts on the topic...
We know that this paper work didn't exist until a couple of weeks ago, but if it can't be proved there's nothing we can do... hey ho..

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Putting it another way - did That Electrician carry out That Inspection on That Date? I'd ask the person. Assuming they did, where was the report all this time? In a contractual matter I was once had over by the other side hiding an important document in room full of dross paperwork. I have learnt.

I don't think I can tell the story in an open forum, but the electrician has done work there, but I'm 99% certain he did not do this inspection in 2017, or ever... but he has supplied the paperwork now. I can't ask him cos he's obviously 'on the other side'... I was surprised as he seemed like a decent chap, but I guess, if it can't be proven, and he was 'paid well'... he had nothing to lose...

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
You could always ask for further information - where has the report been, what does this xyz mean, and ask them for a discussion. One thing for a report to be Frankensteined up and another to use it to commit fraud.

You can put whatever date you want on the cert when it is is draft form,it is only when you make it a master copy you can't change any details
Ie I Can do a cert today and back date it to what ever date you want , you just have to chose the previous version of the cert

''You can put whatever date you want on the cert when it is is draft form,it is only when you make it a master copy you can't change any details
Ie I Can do a cert today and back date it to what ever date you want , you just have to chose the previous version of the cert[/QUOTE]

Soooo.... if you are making a fresh cert today, can you put any date on it?

The document I have does say Master... it has a number in the top right corner DKE 000000xxx - Master...

This had to of been created on the date it said then?

.... the thing (among many things... :) )I don't understand though... if NICEIC have their own documentation... why would an electrician who is registered with them, use this instead? What's the point? Or am I missing something?

.... the thing (among many things... :) )I don't understand though... if NICEIC have their own documentation... why would an electrician who is registered with them, use this instead? What's the point? Or am I missing something?
Most certificates are now printed on plain paper from within the software
You select the version of cert you want, and it will apply the logo of the relevant body

D

Deleted member 26818

I have records on my Computer, of Inspections I have conducted going back to 2005.
If any of my clients since 2005 have lost their copies, I could easily furnish them with another copy.
From what I understand, I’m expected to keep records and to be able to furnish copies for 10 years.

T

Toneyz

The person who does the alterations should provide you with the necessary paperwork. Nothing has to be registered with the NICEIC and the person doing the work does not necessarily need to be a member of this trade body.
I think the O.P is referring to an EICR no mention of work or alterations I don't think.
I have Amtech and you can insert any date. Without seeing the report it is hard to confirm to you as there is a version number on the bottom.

You don't have to use schemes certificates but they prefer you to.

I think the O.P is referring to an EICR'

Yep... the guy has done work there, but this is an Electrical Installation Condition Report for Domestic and Similar Premises with up to 100 A Supply.

'I have Amtech and you can insert any date. '
Interesting....

'Without seeing the report it is hard to confirm to you as there is a version number on the bottom.'

...at the bottom, i the right hand corner of each page..
copyright @ Amtech Group Ltd 2013. FastTest EICR v2015.0.1.1

Any help?

You don't have to use schemes certificates but they prefer you to.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to AMTECH SOFTWARE - DATES in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
Top Bottom