Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss AMTECH SOFTWARE - DATES in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,
I have an odd question to ask.
I don't want to do it, I'm just trying to find out if it has been done...
Can an Electrical Installation Condition Report be back dated with the Amtech software?
Thanks....

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
D

Deleted member 26818

Hi,
I have an odd question to ask.
I don't want to do it, I'm just trying to find out if it has been done...
Can an Electrical Installation Condition Report be back dated with the Amtech software?
Thanks....
I would have thought so.
Though it may entail changing the date on your computer and disconnecting it from the internet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks...
Doesn't this mean though, that any inspections supposedly carried out and accepted by councils etc as evidence of elec safety are a bit dodgy?

... not sure how much I can say, but someone is saying they had an inspection done a couple of years ago. We know they didn't, but now they have produced this Amtech report thingy. I just wondered if it was possible to falsify the report.

Yes, this is another issue, I don't want to get the electrician in trouble. He is NICIEC registered etc.

If it is a Report from a couple of years ago the format is slightly different to what we currently use but that is not to say the Report you have has not been falsified. Would be interesting to view it if you can post some pics without showing personal or company details.

D

Deleted member 26818

Thanks...
Doesn't this mean though, that any inspections supposedly carried out and accepted by councils etc as evidence of elec safety are a bit dodgy?
Not really, because a report (whether false or not) conducted a few years ago, does not reflect the current state of the installation.
What is dodgy, is that Councils will accept visual inspections over Inspections conducted in accordance with BS7671.

Is this any good... not sur eif you can see the detail, but should give you an outline for the overall look...

38910-bd8bfe0c1d682ddb09bd01c54268b92a.jpg

No can't view it but the one you PM'd me definitely shows the format which would have been in use two years ago.

Ok... thanks, so it is possible that its genuine then?
Could you tell me the date of the change in format?

Regulations changed Jan 2019 but the dates on your Report tallies for two years ago.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to AMTECH SOFTWARE - DATES in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom