Discuss Any last minute tips? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

He will spend the first hour or so just getting a feel for your background and how you approach your work. Just make sure you have all your documentation to hand as he will have to record that it is all in order.
The other guys have pretty much covered what is expected, and most of what you will be asked is in the osg and the electricians guide to the building regs, so just keep reading them.
Of course it will be stressful (if it matters to you), but always double-check your answers if you are not sure by looking them up.
Oh, and make sure the CU has all 3 labels on it.
only thing they care about is money..lol...

We should all be bothering with safe isolation all of the time, if not at some point someone will get hurt.

Ok!! I'm talking about when your assessor knows you cause you have had that many assessments and he knows your better than him he doesn't trouble you to safe isolation as it can be at this point insulting. You have a few to go yet pal

How many times have you been second fixing or changing a socket face and you get a spasm in your finger and you are convinced you've got a shock but ...... It's dead!!

Ok!! I'm talking about when your assessor knows you cause you have had that many assessments and he knows your better than him he doesn't trouble you to safe isolation as it can be at this point insulting. You have a few to go yet pal

sorry i seem to be missing something in your post, are you saying that you don't follow safe isolation proceedures?

sorry i seem to be missing something in your post, are you saying that you don't follow safe isolation proceedures?

Not at all just saying when you have had quite a few assessments they don't bother you with that they go for more technical questions

if you mean he doesn`t bother to ask you to perform a safe isolation after he`s assessed you a few times....
Look....this is a stupid post of yours sedgy....you know as well as everyone else that you and you alone are responsible for your OWN SAFETY!!....you do a safe iso..not just because someones watching......you do it because its right to do so.....every time.....

I think your missing the point!! The assessor will ask you every year to show your competence in Any demonstration they see fit for you to perform infront of them! My assessor hasn't asked me to do safe isolation for a few years now it doesn't mean we don't do it or know how to do it, we are approved contractors with Niceic and carry out anything regarding Electrial works apart from petrol stations. We are also Pv installers and mcs registered so even more techt up.

I think your missing the point!! The assessor will ask you every year to show your competence in Any demonstration they see fit for you to perform infront of them! My assessor hasn't asked me to do safe isolation for a few years now it doesn't mean we don't do it or know how to do it, we are approved contractors with Niceic and carry out anything regarding Electrial works apart from petrol stations. We are also Pv installers and mcs registered so even more techt up.
NO I`M NOT MISSING THE POINT!!!....
so you are `approved contractors` with the NIC are you.....what?...you mean you...or the company you work for?...

NO I`M NOT MISSING THE POINT!!!....
so you are `approved contractors` with the NIC are you.....what?...you mean you...or the company you work for?...

Depends how you look at it matey I'm employed yeh by my own ltd company as a sole director and I deal with everything with what's involved with running a ltd company.

if you mean he doesn`t bother to ask you to perform a safe isolation after he`s assessed you a few times....
Look....this is a stupid post of yours sedgy....you know as well as everyone else that you and you alone are responsible for your OWN SAFETY!!....you do a safe iso..not just because someones watching......you do it because its right to do so.....every time.....

He's not saying that you don't isolate safely...he's saying that the assessor won't necessarily ask you to prove it the way he may on your first assessment.
Have you ever been assessed yourself, sparks1973?

Reply to Any last minute tips? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net