Discuss Any recommendations for a double sided fibreglass stepladder? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wow... that's impressive ! Would need to see the Tiktok video of you actually doing that...

It gets easier as you get near the top!

As for the OP, most of the ones I have seen are DJM and Werner - don't know if they do double sided, or the best - just very common on sites I have visited (so probably just cheap)

I'm looking for a double sided (i.e you can walk up both sides) fibreglass 6 step stepladder.

I have found this one Industrial Steps - Fibreglass Trade - Titan Ladders - https://www.titanladders.co.uk/product/industrial-steps-fibreglass-trade/ Has anyone used this one, is it well made?

I haven't been able to find any others, does anyone have any links or own a pair that they would recommend?
Might be worth looking at 'Little Giant' ladders - though they are expensive. (5 rung one). I believe they have a good reputation.

I have a cheap aluminium rip off version that folds and is extendable - bought years ago from ebay that has done sterling work and saved me carrying a longer ladder on the roof. Not seen one like it recently at anywhere near the price though so I'm hoping it lasts a while yet.

Edit: seems they are back on ebay - though whether the EN131 certification is genuine is another matter - no fibreglass versions though

Last edited:
Titan Ladders don’t make the fibre glass ladders they are imported from Mexico and relabelled, I know this because about 20 years ago I used to work there making the Trojan ladders, they went bust a couple of years ago and moved out of our village to the neighbouring one, as far as I remember we never really had any of the fibreglass ladders returned Though plenty of the domestic steps used to come back in all sorts of states,

plenty of scrap aluminium around

i have a set of double sided combi steps that convert to a 2 part ladder.. aluminium. cost mr £30 in 1987. still using them.

This is the sort I have - very handy for a small van and cover me for almost every situation I run into.

s-l1600.jpg

Might be worth looking at 'Little Giant' ladders - though they are expensive. (5 rung one). I believe they have a good reputation.

I have a cheap aluminium rip off version that folds and is extendable - bought years ago from ebay that has done sterling work and saved me carrying a longer ladder on the roof. Not seen one like it recently at anywhere near the price though so I'm hoping it lasts a while yet.

Edit: seems they are back on ebay - though whether the EN131 certification is genuine is another matter - no fibreglass versions though
Little Giant ladders are a rip off of the oringinal Waku ladders, I've got a 6 rung Waku ladder that cost close to £600 back in 1984 it's had a couple of new hinges over the years but is still a good ladder 36 years on

Reply to Any recommendations for a double sided fibreglass stepladder? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net