Discuss Any thoughts on an Eleclocal franchise in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Whats your situation if you don't mine me asking ? are you a spark or have any electrical experience , it will help answer the question better

cheers

ste

Hi Steve

Up until 6 months ago i was running my own building company (we got shafted!!!) anyway i was doing all the sparky work under the wing of a fully trained sparks (he did all the design, diagrams and sign off but i did all the work) Always enjoyed the work and now need something full time. I have cash to invest and not sure which road to go down i.e

1) buy small contractor business
2) franchise
3) set up something myself

With current economic climate and such conflicting views on how the sparky industry is i am not sure which way to go

H

Go backup generator way for big pads rural/country houses, the business will grow I know it will, it may peak in a couple of years. Let me know if interested

Hi Hal , you seem to have the necessary experience , so all you need is some basic quals to register under the NIC domestic installer scheme , then your away , you can rewire houses , extensions ect .... The NIC run a 5 day part p course, then you will need your 17 th edition , i think this is another 5 days , once you have theses 2 bits of paper you can register with the NIC , you will have an on site inspection on one of your jobs ( they accept a board change in you own home) , you will be required to have a full set of testers with cal cert , insurance (2mil) set of Regs , and a few other bits(you will get this info before the visit) once you have passed your on site assessment your basically in ..... seems a bit of a loop hole into the industry , but may as well make the most of it .......
Shakey on here is the guy to talk to over the required courses , but i think the above is all that's required

Ste:)

Hi Stevie

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I suppose its having the confidence to jump again, just trying to minimise the risk i suppose. Thanks again

H

Once you have these two bits of paper..it is worthless -;) You cannot become an electrician within 12 weeks, it is impossible. The whole country has gone mad, To get round the new bureaucracy the govenment will create more bureaucracy to get round the already flawed existing stuff. The nicc/jib/ and others love it...more scope to create more tax/bureaucracy for none productive staff. The world is truely going mad...just to create money for governments.

I can rewire house, most monkeys could. It is not rocket science, though the nicc/jib aka as government sponsors think it is. It is not often discussed in parliament, they between them make rules as they go along. It is bent beyond belief

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you have these two bits of paper..it is worthless -;) You cannot become an electrician within 12 weeks, it is impossible. The whole country has gone mad, To get round the new bureaucracy the govenment will create more bureaucracy to get round the already flawed existing stuff. The nicc/jib/ and others love it...more scope to create more tax/bureaucracy for none productive staff. The world is truely going mad...just to create money for governments.

I can rewire house, most monkeys could. It is not rocket science, though the nicc/jib aka as government sponsors think it is. It is not often discussed in parliament, they between them make rules as they go along. It is bent beyond belief

Have you looked at the link on post 3 mate , spark in 12 weeks and £60,000 in your 1st year ....... if only

Do you know why the current phase colour change came in? I expect your answer will be to conform to european standards. That's what the government say, and is bull****.
The UK set standards in electrical installations, not just in the UK but throughout the world, with the exception of the US

A government ministers wife was electricuted, (not fatally) but severly injured about 10 years ago in her kitchen in the UK. They employed a 'european spark' he gave evidence to hse, he did not understand the uk colour code, hence the powerful minister got the colour code changes. The govenment knew to keep wages 'low' shortage of sparks, import european sparks to keep wages adequate (as of all other trades) the only way was to adopt their colour codes.

It is absolute bull****, because even today many countries in europe still use different colour codes, France for one said get lost we are staying as is.

The new colour code is a danger for many experienced sparks on 3-phase boards, it justs adds confusion. The confusion was caused by government interferance, and applauded by the jib/nicc whom have vast interest in working with the government.

I do not know one electrician whom thought it a good idea, and I know hundreds. Even our local union branch on record says it was a bad idea, as does many other branches throughout the country.

The union does not get involved in 'technicalities'...absolute bull**** idea on the whim of a government minister

lol <<spark in 12 weeks and £60,000 in your 1st year ....... if only>>
Yeah and why bother doing the lottery, bs, if its so easy all the world is full of sparks, take it with a pinch of salt

Got told about that women who got a belt when i was on me 16th edition
years ago , i thought she was killed .​

Whatever, the euro spark made blk red, n fault on appliance, no bonding hurt/killed when touched draining board. It was the euro sparks fault, no excuse not knowing our regs...but we have to change? not good enough. Deffo fault either way, but if he knew red L was line not blk N line, probably got away with it

It's a scam
They take anything from £10K to £35K from to, promise loads of work and deliver next to nowt.
The companies behind these brands, ElecLocal, PlumbLocal, TileLocal, etc. ScamLocal !! have gone bust at least twice in the last 3 years yet somebody always bounces back to peddle this racket, but then who can blame em , if they can persuade unsuspecting guys to handover £10K and do nothing in return then it's easy money!

Stay clear or at least contact some of the past franchisees to get the full story first.

Reply to Any thoughts on an Eleclocal franchise in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock