Discuss Anyone else still not bothered about their MFT's testing A type RCD's ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

dunno if my 1553 will test type A. or will it test as normal but ignore any D.C. leakage?

Yep I hold my hands up, solely fitting type A rcbos now and test with my KT63 set to AC, they want too much money to upgrade my 6 year old unitit to a DL, and the lead time on new ones at present is slow.

Recently a mate of mine spent 2k on a megger that does everything. It is now going back for the second time under warranty for failing. But when it did work i compared his trip times to mine on some type A rcbos,my kt63 set to AC, his megger to type A. Got the exact same times. I'm sure ill upgrade when mine dies.

I am hearing many people having issues with newer megger and not been happy

I have just swapped to the KT66DL which tests AC, ACS, A, AS, B, BS, F. My previous tester a KT65DL did have the option of testing type A but always tripped them at 1/2x IΔn for some reason.

My 11yr old Metrel is quite happy testing A, B's and F's...... tip: it's called upgrading the firmware!
Wonder if my original 3125 (not BT) can be upgraded….didn’t get far on internet searching for the answer a while back. I should phone them really and ask. That ones the spare though I like it quite a lot. The tip commander is great for IR testing a kitchen fitters ars3 after they have trashed your first fix.
My main unit is a KT63 and I’m guilty as charged too.

Reply to Anyone else still not bothered about their MFT's testing A type RCD's ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock