Discuss anyone heard of cs journal in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nathbowers

hey all
looking for a bit of advice iv just in the process of becomeing self employed iv registered with niceic and put my details on free listing sites when out of the blue i get a call from a guy saying hes phoneing from middlesex police he was looking for an electrician to advertise in crime and saftey journal (Crime Safety Journal) he said that they send out 48,000 issues 4 times ayear and only feature 1 electrician 1 builder 1 plumber etc and because of the good reviews hes recived about my company (which dont exist) he wants me to advertise 120 + vat for a 1/4 page advert seems like a good deal to me but not haveing a clue about advertising was wondering if any one had any advice on this and has anyone heard of cs journal
any advice would be appreciated
cheers

Have you googled CS journal I have it doesn't exist this is almost certainly a SCAM however ask for a past copy before committing yourself just in case I am totally wrong

They send out 48000 issues 4 times a year yet no one has ever laid eyes on one, not even in a barbers shop or doctors surgery. If he calls back ask him where exactly he sends them, then ask him for a number you can call him back on. Pound to a penny he hangs up!
It's a scam mate stay well clear.
I've had them all on the phone, some of the cheeky t**ts even pose as charities. I used to be polite but after a while you get cheesed off and tell them what you think of them.

If they're saying they're calling from or on behalf of your local police force I'd ring the nearest nick to let them know, you never know they might take an interest

cheers for the advise
i had a another call from him (before i read these replies) saying am i interested i told him i could be but wont have any money till the end of the month he said thats fine he can reserve a spot for me all i had to do was listen to a call id receive in a few minutes the call said this is a legally binding contract as the proof is ready for printing and i would recieve a copy within 24 hours for approval this was 4 days ago and still havent received anything
im assumeing hes talking rubbish when he says its a legally binding contract

These companies make phone calls and record them with the details of you agreeing to the advertising.
If you have agreed on the telephone then you could have a contract in place, however by law you have seven days in which to cancel in writing.
You said they started four days ago but you have not received any written information from them?
If you do I would recommend writing to them and stating that you wish to cancel the contract under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
The Direct.gov.uk website tells you about your rights under government,citizens and rights... consumer rights.
Look for a thread on safe guard here similar thing.

cheers for the advise
i had a another call from him (before i read these replies) saying am i interested i told him i could be but wont have any money till the end of the month he said thats fine he can reserve a spot for me all i had to do was listen to a call id receive in a few minutes the call said this is a legally binding contract as the proof is ready for printing and i would recieve a copy within 24 hours for approval this was 4 days ago and still havent received anything
im assumeing hes talking rubbish when he says its a legally binding contract

Unfortunately I think you will get an invoice from these clowns, they take these calls as an agreement to the contract. Just wait till you get the invoice and bin it, I don't think they will take you to court for the money and draw attention to the scam they are pulling.
Another one to apparently look out for is the call saying " I'm calling about the advert you have placed in such and such magazine" whatever you do make sure your next answer is " absolutely not" as any form of agreement is taken as a contract as well.

hi all
got a letter in the post this morning saying we havnt been able to contact you please settle account by 19th or it will be passed to our blah blah blah the normal threatening to take you to court spill i havent heard or received anything from these guys till this morning they didnt give me any contact details and have only sent the proof (which looks rather nice ) with the letter this morning
as i have only just recived proof am i with in my rights to cancel ?
cheers for any help

cancel in writing. these scams catch so many traders our. another one is foresters fund for children. the magazines are unheard of, nobody gets them, waste of space leeches.

Hi there,

I have been contacted by these people, and have fought with them on the phone. The guy there, John Paul (opererations director who happens to be a lawyer??? is basically a complete liar that cant get his story straight. first they say they have done publications before (exapmlpe on their website) and this is the first in my area, yet their so called lawyer says this is their first ever publication. its a complete con. Please report them to the office of fair trading and trading standards, I have, and the more that do it, the more they will have to take notice and investigate them. I have requested a distribution list, which they can't produce. the police have said they have never heard of it. I have lots of friends that are police all over the uk and they all said its a common con.

Reply to anyone heard of cs journal in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net