Discuss Anyone reccomend a decent and reasonably priced Celing fan? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am wanting to put a Celing fan/Light combo in my bedroom to help a bit in these hotter months (Burglars would run scared after one look at me sprawled out at the moment!!)

Anyone got any recomendations? Preferably under £100

Preferably low profile as my ceilings are not overly high.

Cheers.

i've got 1 you can have for free if you can collect from cheshire.

Hey all,

I am wanting to put a Celing fan/Light combo in my bedroom to help a bit in these hotter months (Burglars would run scared after one look at me sprawled out at the moment!!)

Anyone got any recomendations? Preferably under £100

Preferably low profile as my ceilings are not overly high.

Cheers.
Don't fit one, they are noisy and only move warm air about, go for an addvent standing air con unit, it is portable and actually acts like a fridge and chills rather than moves warm air, jmo.

Don't fit one, they are noisy and only move warm air about, go for an addvent standing air con unit, it is portable and actually acts like a fridge and chills rather than moves warm air, jmo.

you could say the same for a breeze on a hot day, but it cools you down. and our bedroom fan would not dare to be noisy with 'er indoors around. :21:

We have ceiling fans in all our rooms and they work really well up to when the night time temperature gets over 25 C then the air-con gets switched on. If you buy a decent make and install it correctly it shouldn't be noisy.

Reply to Anyone reccomend a decent and reasonably priced Celing fan? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've been to see a flat which needs a rewire. The flat is being completely renovated. I've just recently qualified, I have done rewires before...
Replies
Views
G
Good morning. Apologies to begin with if this isn't the right place for this post, but I'm in need of advice from people who know what they are...
Replies
Views
H
Hi guys, I have set up on my own and find quoting jobs a real struggle. I have quoted for jobs in the past and won them, but wondered if anyone...
Replies
Views
Octopus
O
Evening all, This is a ridiculously long thread, so I dont expect anyone to read it all so I think I'm just looking to see if I'm in the right...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everybody I've just registered to this forum although I have used it many times as a learning resource whilst studying for my 2330 Level...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock