Discuss Anyone with a KT65DL wan't to help me? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello, I'm developing a website where you can export the data from a KT65DL Multifunction tester into my site and have it generate a test certificate with the readings pre-filled out to save typing them in.

So far I am able to read the data from my tester and export it onto my site and for now.
I have left it in a table, ready for the next step of my project.

Anyone with a KT65DL wan't to help me? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

My Question is, While you are out and about using your tester, can you save some random results to the memory and send me the CSV file from the Kewtech report software so I can test it with my site to make sure it's all working with other testers?

Thanks in advance

Jamie C

Edit: Minor works cert under Development, spot a mistake, let me know :)

Last edited:
You're a busy little mouse incha jamchiv? What was your face like at 5 in the morning by the Christmas tree? ?
Edit- why don't my smileys work? Post would have been funnier with them!

Ps, can't help you - I'm a Megger man myself!

More like 11AM slept in. Was a little like this: :D:sleeping:

I only got around to programming it this afternoon, took me a whole 3 hours for the data part.

As for the test cert, that has taken me a lot longer because the whole document is made using code. Not imported using word or anything. Thousands of lines of code :(

It will be worth it when I get the system fully working, it will automatically backup to my server for cloud access (Got to do a lot of security stuff before then)

Thats how a PDF document looks with me coding it:

I did once write a program in basic on my ZX81 to scroll something rude up the screen - my programming skills ended then. That ZX81 had 1K of Ram and I updated it to 16K - I still gave up the computer building though. Go figure!

@Jamchiv01 I'm a PHP whizz kid (got an O level in programming and everyfin) so if you need any help just let me know. I'm a Metrel man so can't help with data collection.

Thanks, May well take you up on that when I get to the login part, as I need to ensure its as secure as it can be before I put any details on a cloud server.
Easiest way to ensure security is to use a framework. I love Codeigniter for this type of stuff - a brilliant, east to use framework to build upon.

Easiest way to ensure security is to use a framework. I love Codeigniter for this type of stuff - a brilliant, east to use framework to build upon.

I have my own framework at the moment, prevents SQL injection, XXS ext and logs all database queries to a log file that is routinely checked for malicious queries and automagicly bans their IP, cookies and account. I will look into codeigniter when I get chance and see if its worth switching all my current sites over.

Wow you started that code at the age of 10, takes a long time dont it. I have a 65DL but I cant be arsed to even record it, never mind upload results the system is crappier than all that coding. Considering the price of the tester and todays tech you would think there was a better more intelligent way. But no, again getting palmed off with crap design and function. Don't get me started Jam.

Hi there. Recently purchased a 65DL so will let you know when I get to grips with it. Bear in mind though that I am over 50 and am more likely, as above, to resort to pen and paper unless it is idiot proof.
As far as I'm concerned computers create far more work and hassle than they save!
You going to pitch your software back to Kewtech?

Reply to Anyone with a KT65DL wan't to help me? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock