• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Are you all ready for Christmas? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-)
Staff member
Admin
Hey guys,

Merry Christmas (maybe too early? - I've seen hundreds of trees up so maybe not lol) from me and Lou, and on behalf of the staff, who I can't thank enough for being awesome and covering on all the forums for the past year or so. I've had a lot going on, and it's still going on. So thanks for that.

Are you guys all done for xmas? You getting all the calls from customers wanting things finished for xmas? You got all your xmas prezzies? (or shop xmas eve like me?

Here's to a brilliant Xmas and a wonderful new year. :)

Spoon

Forum Mentor
xmas tree going up tomorrow. The daughter needs a xmas hat for the play at school which has be be handed into school Monday, so while I'm up in the attic getting it I'm getting all the other stuff. The daughter is chuffed the tree is going up.

Leesparkykent

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
xmas tree going up tomorrow. The daughter needs a xmas hat for the play at school which has be be handed into school Monday, so while I'm up in the attic getting it I'm getting all the other stuff. The daughter is chuffed the tree is going up.
Should of got Tel to chuck it all down the other week :D

JTS

New EF Member
Christmas will different for my family this year,we all of to Cumbria to spend Christmas in what was once a church.
Will it haunted, I will let you know next year.
Happy Christmas to you all
John

Gavin John Hyde

Electrician's Arms
I am off to Germany on Monday morning for the week. going to Cologne for the Christmas market. bit of down time maybe look for some cheap good German tools whilst there. - If anybody knows any good tool places in cologne please share!
So plenty of Bier und Wurst:)
Only downside flight from Gatwick is first thing so going up Sunday night.
Then when back got a EV charger to install and a few really small jobs and that is it until after xmas. Purposefully kept diary free this year to spend time with family.
Tree going up tomorrow so done for when back. presents all wrapped so far and cards written.

Andy78

Respected Member
I'm sacking off getting customers sorted before Xmas and persuading them that January is much better. Made my fifth January booking today :)
I am bracing myself for the week of "Can you connect up my new cooker ? My old one just plugged in but this one needs a new circuit and Currys just dumped it" Leading up to the day.

I'm not taking a month off like I did last year so reckon I'll be reverting to type and rushing round like a mad thing trying to buy presents on the 23rd like I have done every year since I remember.

I'll wish you all a happy Christmas nearer the time. It's not Christmas yet.

Spoon

Forum Mentor
Are you looking forward to it soooo much that you felt the need to post it twice @Gavin John Hyde :tearsofjoy:

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I think we can all officially start getting festive now!

Kevy

EF Member
It’s ‘Christmas’ not ‘Xmas’. Humbug, humbug. It starts on the 25th of December, not before, for a period of 12 days and that’s it. Humbug, humbug. I hate it as people feel the need to spend ridiculous amounts of money and demand things they want rather than appreciate a gift that someone has thoughtfully chosen for them. Humbug, humbug

Spoon

Forum Mentor
I'm not taking a month off like I did last year so reckon I'll be reverting to type and rushing round like a mad thing trying to buy presents on the 23rd like I have done every year since I remember.
But Santa brings the pressies....

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.