Discuss At it again - Nationwide Homeserve Ltd in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Action Fraud has been on the radio recently. They are employed by the police to receive calls from the public about fraud. They only investigate an incredibly small amount of the calls they get and actively try and put off the victim from taking things further.
They really do sound like an appalling organisation.

Action Fraud has been on the radio recently. They are employed by the police to receive calls from the public about fraud. They only investigate an incredibly small amount of the calls they get and actively try and put off the victim from taking things further.
They really do sound like an appalling organisation.
Not wanting to split hairs. They are a private company contracted by the Home Office and linked to City of London Police who run the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB). They don’t carry out any prosecutions. They should analyse fraud reports and where frauds are identified pass out to the relevant law enforcement agency to investigate. Police Forces love it as fraud reports don’t impact on their crime figures. Problem is most regional police forces only have a handful of fraud investigators. City of London and MPS are overwhelmed with major frauds and as a result some regional forces have taken on jobs that should have been investigated elsewhere. As a result you have instances of one officer investigating several major frauds on their own each in effect a major investigation quite often more complex than a murder which would automatically have a large team allocated. This in turn leads to investigations sometimes taking several years to reach conviction. Gets even more ingesting when you seize a suspects computer and have to review hundreds of thousands of files looking for evidence but also to assess whether or not there is material that assists the defence.

Sorry Yu got scammed me as well some 2months ago
It's great Yu got some action from police.Was it straight forward to get the bank involved I just thort my money was lost forever cos I paid it in myself.But again it's great Yu got some action on these scum.

Because it was a bank transfer the bank will claim off the bank it was transferred to and the fraud team in the bank will get involved to, all I know is that they traced it to a Santander account in merseyside, they have also been trying to use my engineers ids trying to sell them on to estate agents

Funny that as i rang fraud department and gave statements atnpolice station and called scotland police and Gloucestershire police and they were NOT intrested.
They are all a waste of time.
No one has got back to me or do e anythig. Total joke.

Iv had about 20 companies call me in relation to this fraud so there must be heaps more thatn that who have been victims

I’m still waiting to hear off them, it is horrible that people do this to people, all I know is they have to build up a case on them so if more people report them and send over the emails and numbers then hopefully they will get court well we can only hope,

Because it was a bank transfer the bank will claim off the bank it was transferred to and the fraud team in the bank will get involved to, all I know is that they traced it to a Santander account in merseyside, they have also been trying to use my engineers ids trying to sell them on to estate agents
Crazy that hope they get stopped somehow .thanks for bank info Samanther.I will take it to my bank fingers crossed

Reply to At it again - Nationwide Homeserve Ltd in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock