Discuss Automated Bathroom Advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

m4rk44

Hi.

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with regards to a fully automated bathroom i'm trying to achieve. Theres 2 things i'd like help with.

1) I want to install a mirror heater behind a tiled mirror. I would like this to be fully automatic and my theory is to purchase an extractor fan with a humidity/moisture sensor built in and T off the sensor on to a relay to operate the heated matt when shower is on/steam in room. Would this be possible and can anyone give any insight or better ways of doing so?

2) Fully automatic lights. Im basically after a decent/well working system to bring the lights on when needed. My guess would be a centralised motion sensor that stays on for "X" amount of time unless it senses movement again. Again, can anyone advise or suggest a better system and why?

I know some electrical bits and bobs but i'm far from an expert. I plan on getting someone in to do the job and just want to get things in order first.

Many thanks in advance!

Mark :bucktooth:

The motion sensor you refer to is often called an occupancy sensor. You could run the lights, the mirror heater and the fan all from the same occupancy sensor. There's lots of different ways of dong what you want, a lot of it depends on your existing electrics and the general layout of things so I'm sure the electrician you get in will come up with the most suitable solution for your particular bathroom.

what about people like me who shower every xmas , whether i need one or not.

You could also run you Christmas tree lights from the bathroom occupancy sensor then ;)

and don't mistake the blender for a bidet.

Reply to Automated Bathroom Advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock