Discuss Awful DB replaced 6 months ago! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I know of the company that passed it in the periodic though! The client is aware. Going to need a new DB case and a good tidy up. People like this give electricians a bad name, its a disgrace. Especially when the client thought that we are just trying to make more money out of them. To which I’ve asked them to get advice from someone else and show them the pictures!!

I can see why a lot of people on here prefer wago connectors though however it does help if the screwed connectors are used properly, ie. filling out the terminal!

I can see why a lot of people on here prefer wago connectors though however it does help if the screwed connectors are used properly, ie. filling out the terminal!

The problem is not the connectors themselves (I have not been convinced as yet about Wagos and prefer crimping,but that may change in time )these installers could make a pigs ear out of many practices by the looks of things :)

That is one nasty piece of installing garbage and you have demonstrated how poor some folk are at this game :thumbsup:

Easy to blame just one person,but a lot of the issues in those picture,could very easily have been caused by any subsequent additions,testing,etc,by equally careless folk.

I have seen many otherwise acceptable boards and equipment,rendered far worse than the images above,by just one badly fitted extra circuit,or some dude moving the board over six inches...

I will absolutely guarantee,that any solicitors letter,arriving at the original installers,will be countered,with "That is not how we left it..."

Whether true or not :)

Being a commercial site everything is logged in a site folder so it was easy to pin point the company involved. It’s not my job to issue solicitors letters, I was only there installing a circuit.
I will issue a price to put it right and if they wish to recover the costs it’s up to them!

I know of the company that passed it in the periodic though! The client is aware. Going to need a new DB case and a good tidy up. People like this give electricians a bad name, its a disgrace. Especially when the client thought that we are just trying to make more money out of them. To which I’ve asked them to get advice from someone else and show them the pictures!!

If you know the company that did this job, why don't you report them?

Reply to Awful DB replaced 6 months ago! in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock