Discuss Basic Testing Help? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MrTrance

Hi all, I got my C+G exam 1 exam tomorow and exam 2 a week tomorow.

I have been working on circuits since September but I'm finding testing a little hard to get my head around?

Can somebody explain in simpleton words the basic way to test etc;

CPC Continuity
Insulation Resistance
Plus a test were you cross live with neutral etc etc?

How do you do it, whats it for, what scale do you use, what tester do I use?

Sorry for been lazy but I have looked around, im my books, on the net and i'm not 100% sure of what to do?

Thanks

look in the onsite guide or gn3 (guidance note 3) if you have not got copies look in the libary at tec or local one they have diagrams which are a lot easier to look at then someone telling you how to do it

GN3 is an excellent book, which does spell out all the methods of testing.

Although you need to learn how to test, you also need to understand WHY you test, and what the results mean.

Im sure you may get questions about this in one of your exams.

GN3 is an excellent book, which does spell out all the methods of testing.

Although you need to learn how to test, you also need to understand WHY you test, and what the results mean.

Im sure you may get questions about this in one of your exams.

Couldn't agree more, you would not believe the amount of certs I received that where filled in by Electricians with unacceptable results entered when I was a Niceic qualifying supervisor.

Its very important to understand the test being carried out and also what results to expect.

Reply to Basic Testing Help? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net