Discuss Bathroom light pull switch variants? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
are the older switches where the whole cowl hand turns onto the base framework with the switch on, still available (the ones like a ceiling rose about 80mm across)? or are they now none regulation?
All the MK and Crabtree switches i can see are 2 part with a huge pattress box onto which the switch part is fixed with 2 screws.
I ask because I very much doubt i could pull through enough wire to fix to this new setup should i need to replace another one.

I hate it when sparks don't leave slack for the next soul. Costs a few pence overall yet there never seems to be any when you need it :mad:

This is not a recommendation, but this one from Screwfix might be the sort of thing you're after. Looks like the cover screws on meaning the switch stays with the base...

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/10ax-2-way-pull-cord-switch-white/70874

And there's Blue showing and the bend radius may have been exceeded and there's not much slack cable for SparkyChick and rsgaz is probably going to say it's not his it's a Goggle picture.

The screwfix one looks very much like the one I bought to replace 1 of the 2 house pull switches 6 years ago due to the string breaking and ofc you cant just tie on a bit more like my dad used to do because these days you cant see the join. its inside the switch. open the switch and BOOM it explodes into little bits of spring and stuff like a damned booby trap so you have to buy a new fitting.
so its good to know on the one hand you can still get the type even if they aren't common anymore (fitted in the mid 90s).
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/10ax-2-way-pull-cord-switch-white/70874
does anyone have any info as to why the type is no longer in common use after so many years of service?

I'm not sure why I am getting this grief and a dumb!! I only popped the cover off briefly for the sake of the photo to try and help (albeit a while ago to show someone else with a similar query).

I did not install that!!

Reply to Bathroom light pull switch variants? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net