Discuss Bathroom mirror (with light) safety in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

tiburon

DIY
Reaction score
I've taken the mirror off my parents' bathroom wall as they've asked me to paint it (full disclaimer on quality issued to them!). It's one of the LED/demister jobs and is wired directly to an adjacent shaving adapter on the same wall (which I believe is OK?). The centre of the mirror (where the wires come out of the wall) is located within 400 mm of the shower enclosure. They had their house refurbished a couple of years ago but this electrical work, despite being in a bathroom, was completed by the builders rather than an actual electrician, I believe. The room gets a lot of steam as it's an en-suite with no window and I've recently changed the extractor to an in-line fan to help with moisture. I'm just wondering if it's OK to leave it as it is after painting as the cable from the shaving adapter is currently connected to the flex from the mirror with Wago connectors which are inside a Wago box resting on the transformer on the back of the mirror (sitting behind the mirror but not pushed through into the wall as the hole isn't big enough).

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the wago box is within distance of the shower when the mirror is in place?

Is it readily accessible when the mirror is fixed back, or is it kind of exposed?

Would be better inside the wall i would think

Sounds like the wago box is within distance of the shower when the mirror is in place?

Is it readily accessible when the mirror is fixed back, or is it kind of exposed?

Would be better inside the wall i would think
It sits behind the mirror so you can't get at it when the mirror is on the wall. I don't have a picture of their room at the minute but this is the mirror if it's any use (Pegella 500 x 700mm LED Mirror with Demister (13888) - https://www.bathshack.com/pegella-500-x-700mm-led-mirror-with-demister.html). My first thought was it would be better to make the hole a bit bigger and push the wago junction box behind so it's not in the room or maybe even cut out a hole big enough for a dry lining box.

The instructions for the mirror were lying about and suggested connecting with a choc block covered with insulation tape and leaving behind the mirror so they they were swiftly binned.

Reply to Bathroom mirror (with light) safety in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock