Discuss BATHROOM WIRING WITH PIR SENSOR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need a bit of advice. My client is asking for a rather silly lighting setup in his bathroom and I am struggling to understand

Essentially he has LEDs, spots, a mirror light and a PIR sensor.

He wants the PIR sensor to control the LEDs and the mirror at night and the switch to be able to turn everything on during the day.

I cant work out how to split the circuits.

I think it might require a relay but I havent really done too much with them so not sure.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Can't you wire the light switch across the PIR? Then that will over ride it when needed, otherwise the PIR does the switching.

Or are you wanting light/dark sensing also?

He wants the PIR sensor to control the LEDs and the mirror at night and the switch to be able to turn everything on during the day.
A double pole switch is one solution, typically though they are 20A isolator or grid switches.

Live feeds both poles and the PIR switch. One contact bypasses the PIR for day-override use, the other contact feeds the spot lights for day-only use.

Reply to BATHROOM WIRING WITH PIR SENSOR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I just found this forum last night and figured I would post my issue since I can't find much out there with a similar situation. My job...
Replies
Views
Hi, Some advice would be appreciated… I have 4 downlights in the bathroom and want to add a motion sensor to turn on just one if everything is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one, I want to use an ip rated light switch with a neon indicator to manually ovveride a PIR detector controlling an e27 LED...
Replies
Views
I’m sure this is simple, but it’s confusing me for some reason. I have a line wire coming into a bathroom that used to go to a lighted medicine...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock