• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Best budget electrical brands ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi,

When i first started out on my own to win work i used more of the budget stuff that was available to me from my wholesaler, after 6 months to a year i was then having to go back change light fittings etc because they were poor quality which wasnt great for my reputation even though i replaced all the stuff i was having problems with, from then i said to myself that i would always use the best brands available to me such as collingwood, hager, scolmore etc. So i adjusted my prices to use these types of brands and i was still winning work which was all good, but recently i feel as if i am losing alot of work due to my pricing by using these more expensive brands, and when enquiring to the clients what quote they went with they were much much lower than what i would have done the job for.

So my question is what budget/less expensive brands is everyone using, a brand that might be underrated for the quality of stuff they produce, that still have a good build quality and are long lasting ?

It is mostly domestic work i do so brands for downlights/floodlights/lamps/sockets/switches etc.

thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Osram ledvance floodlights
Steinel pirs
Jcc twist and lock downlights with osram gu10s
Eaton premera or click mode for white wiring accessories
Varilight v pro dimmers
3phase dis boards wylex, good balance of quality and price.
Currently not settled on domestic consumer unit brands after stopping MK but eaton are good and ok price, hager are ok but nothing special, wylex are good, Crabtree good but dear, and lewden are actually not bad at all and good price, more opportunity for markup. Tbh I'm drawn between wylex and lewden depending on budget of job

Reply to Best budget electrical brands ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back