Discuss Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Best Brands?

• Dewalt

Votes: 93 18.8%
  • Bosch

Votes: 127 25.7%
  • Makita

Votes: 196 39.6%
  • Hilti

Votes: 67 13.5%
  • Ryobi

Votes: 12 2.4%

• Total voters
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

¿¿ɐʇıʞɐɯ ɹo ıɥɔɐʇıɥ ǝqʎɐɯ
¡¡ıqoʎɹ ʎnq ʇou plnoʍ ı ǝɹns ɹoɟ ʍouʞ ı ʇnq ˙ʇlɐʍǝp ʎnq ʇou ʇɥƃıɯ ı˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ ɟɟo pǝɹɐʇs ı ɟı ʇıɯpɐ ʇsnɯ ı

think luke is being silly

"maybe Hitachi or makita??"

"i must admit if i started off again... I might not buy dewalt, but I know for sure I would not buy ryobi!!

u missed a t outta ur upside down mirrored "started" :p haha

and why is bosch winning this poll ?

think luke is being silly

"maybe Hitachi or makita??"

"i must admit if i started off again... I might not buy dewalt, but I know for sure I would not buy ryobi!!

u missed a t outta ur upside down mirrored "started" :p haha

and why is bosch winning this poll ?

ɟƃ ɐ ʎq pǝddıɥʍ uǝǝq ʇ ʇslıɥʍ ʎɹɹǝqʞɔɐlq ɐ uo sıɥʇ ƃuıdʎʇ uʍop ǝpısdn pǝpuǝdsns uǝǝq ʇslıɥʍ ǝdʎʇ oʇ pɹɐɥ sı ʇı˙ ɹoɹɹǝ ƃuıllǝds ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ʎɹɹos

Last edited by a moderator:
bosch without a doubt! but someone at work has a new makita combi drill with li-on or something batts, thing is maybe a contender for a bosch 18v combi (with 3.0Ah batterys of course1) but i now i can drop my bosch from a ladder and it'll still work, wiil the makita last though?

Bosch for battery SDS. Hitachi for drills and impact drivers. They are bullet proof.

I went and bought a metabo cordless 14v and its a pain in the arse. The charger is over sophisticated. It often wont charge a drained battery for days until its satisfied that its cool enough. It has a very loud fan and stupid flashing lights on the battery. The pulse button on which is supposed to help with stubborn screws is useless and I keep turning on by mistake. The lever on the trigger to reverse it is awkward. All in all its best avoided.....

anyone had a blast on the new bosch 36v sds compact? really small drill, very light but as powerfull as they come! about £400+ quid though

the hitatchi 18v combi drill is a good little number as its only 90 quid in srew fix at the moment,ive used it loads of times on site,good for drilling out metal trunking+plaster boards+ply boards and brick work in domestic work.

for me its got to be bosch ! i own sds and 24v cordless great drills at a good price never let me down dewalt and makita are good but overpriced bosch just as good and bit cheaper.

Got to be makita especialy if cordless, got four makita drills plus the impact driver excellent tools although bosch take some beating for quality i dont find as good value.

im glad to have been the vote that evened bosch back up with dewalt. I cant comment on makita, ive not used it a whole lot. But seeing dewalt even with bosch is a total joke. The only thing i can admire about Dewalt is its brilliant marketing team to be considered in this race. Its overpriced, low preformance, only aspect being its reliability, which u get with any similar priced product, only you get more preformance outta your boschs.

Bosch are good, but did you know some of the bigger Companies like Hayden Young for eg, only use Hilti, due to there tools are not supposed to give you white finger etc, but then again you don,t halve get slapped in the pocket for the privilige.

I have a hitachi 14.4v drill driver and it has been nothing but trouble. The Batteries have died after only a year and various bits and peices have fallen off the drill itself!

I have a bosch 110v hammer drill and its about 3 years old, has taken a lot of abuse (chasing walls out, drilling through 3 foot wide walls) and it is still going strong! it was cheap and cheerful and i dont regret buying it!

Also just got the bosch 12v drill/driver with the light for £29.99 in focus diy only used it a few times but light and compfy to use also have to confess from cosco did get the dewalt 3.6v screwdriver 2 batts etc etc was £35 only got it to replace challenge 3.6v got as part of christmas box from stepdaulter yep thought the same must hate me but didnt have the heart to tell her refuse to use it ! comes in handy as after apprentice anoys me he gotta use it all week ! lol anyway the dewalt does seem a good buy for that price !

I own a Bosch 230v combi drill, power saw and a 10.8v impact & drill set for home use, which are great, but the Hilti's at work are different gravy!

36V Bosch drill and circular saw are flawless. Quite expensive, but the batteries last for ages, and the performance is top notch.

I've had all sorts over the years. Bosch, DeWalt, Makita, and most recently the latest Hitachi 18v LiIon.

This Hitachi gear is the best I've ever had for the money. I have the combi drill, the Impact driver, and the SDS drill (Which is quite happy with a 20mm through concrete).

I'm sure all the 36v varieties have more features and poke, but they're also, bigger, heavier, and far more expensive. When you consider that 95% of the time I use my drills for either drilling wood, tightening 45mm woodscrews, or drilling a 5.5mm sds into brick, I really don't need the extra grunt. And for the 5% where I do, I have a Metabo 1010w 110v.

After the Hitachi, I preffered the Makita, then DeWalt (Although they really are overpriced), and last is Bosch. Although lets face it, none of them are particularly bad.

Reply to Best Powertools brands around!! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock