Discuss bid list in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bigwally

what is the best way to get on a companys bid list. if i send a company a letter stating that i want to be on there bid list,how should i word it?

:confused:One problem with that is:

1- They may want to see your books to see that you are solvent
2- You may have to been trading for at least the last three years
3- They may want to visit previous work you have carried out
4- References from previous clients
5- You have to fill in a 20 odd page document about your company

And after all that, they may say sorry
:p

Last edited:
:p
A Bid list basically is a list of sub-contractors which tender for work for a main contractor or local authority.

E.G.
Electrical work is required, so from a list the top three will be asked to tender, they will then go to bottom of list.;)

Hi BigWally
I fully agree with Ian.Settle1 above..........but different companies/local authorities tend to have different requirements.
Suggest you pick out some potential ones and phone then to ask what their bid list inclusion requirements are.
Best wishes with that m8.........by the way - you need to find out their payment terms too - some keep you waiting 3+months for payment. Some hold back a heavy retention.

A lot of government departments require you to be...

A. NICEIC Registered

B. A LTD Company

C. Have a turnover of a specified minimum amount.

This is before the half a South American rainforests worth of Health and Saftey paperwork (or is that bull***t) that you have to fill in.

The plus side is you can get some good, intersting, high value work. The downside is there can be payment delays, penalty clauses, and general hassle from H&S idiots who will stop you working until you have done X,Y, & Z !

Reply to bid list in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock