Discuss Big cable tray pull to do you might like this vid then in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Looks like a lot of effort for one CAT5...

However I can see the advantage when pulling in multiple cables, one job we had involved over 50 on a single run, that would have been very handy.

we had about 200 metre runs of about 70 2.5 2core swa , 3 scissor lifts, 7 boys pulling and attaching ropes etc, plus brute strength, also we were about 30 metres in the air, worst cable i had to pull in was an 84mm 5core, 500 odd metre run, just 3 of us through a fish factory loft space , over and under all the obstructions, we had rollers but easier to just drag it into place

There's rollers, and there's sexy rollers. I like !
they are a bit gimmicky though, our boss bought rollers but he had too much money when compared with levels of sensibility, nobody on site used them because of hassle of setting them up and retrieving them, making sure cables dont slip off the rollers is also a bit of an arseache

they are a bit gimmicky though, our boss bought rollers but he had too much money when compared with levels of sensibility, nobody on site used them because of hassle of setting them up and retrieving them, making sure cables dont slip off the rollers is also a bit of an arseache

I've done lots of cable pulls that would not have been possible without rollers though. Sometimes even just for moving the cable across a floor. If the cable is big enough to need a roller, it is usually heavy enough to stay on the roller.
Usually this type
hire-cable-roller-200mm_CROL_cableroller_1_6.jpg

I've done lots of cable pulls that would not have been possible without rollers though. Sometimes even just for moving the cable across a floor. If the cable is big enough to need a roller, it is usually heavy enough to stay on the roller.
Usually this type
hire-cable-roller-200mm_CROL_cableroller_1_6.jpg
until you have several corners to navigate and keep the cable tight so it doesnt slip off, if youre working alone these will save you but if youre in a squad many hands make light work

We generally used these whilst pulling in with a gang of us. Often there are places these need to go where you can't or wouldn't put a man.

riddle me this:

a man/woman or a bruce jenner will have to place said roller
Ha ha I see your point, but there is a difference between being able to reach somewhere to place and secure a roller then guide a cable over, and being able to support and pull a cable there.

An example of what I mean. This poor short arse bugger I used to work with wouldn't have stood a chance pulling this in above his head.

(identity protected due to colleague being in witness protection programme after p*ssing off a bunch of joiners one time)
20062007682.jpg

An example of what I mean. This poor short arse bugger I used to work with wouldn't have stood a chance pulling this in above his head.

(identity protected due to colleague being in witness protection programme after p*ssing off a bunch of joiners one time)
View attachment 38991
get him a toolbox to stand on, i love being over 6 foot tall, makes zs testing so much easier, then again squeezing into DB cupboards it becomes an issue, swings and roundabouts.

rollers are ok to use in like that, but when you involve going round beams and the rollers are vertical, keeping pressure onto the cable so it doesnt fall off really grinds my gears, i cant even use my anger to just rug the cable with big heaves from everyone to shift it when it gets jammed on the rollers

Reply to Big cable tray pull to do you might like this vid then in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net