• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Boiler Connection Help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TJS

Can anyone help, I have just done a rewire on a house that has been completley refurbished and the homeowner has decided to put the old boiler (Glow worm) back into service and wants a s plan. I dont normally get involved with boilers and there is no wiring diagram for the boiler. There is 2 flex cables coming from the boiler, one has the usual Cpc, Live and neutral. the other is a 5 core flex and without the wiring diagram that came with the boiler, i need to know what each core serves

Tj

D

DarrenB

Not 100% certain but i would think the 3-core goes out to pump (over-run), and i would say your 5-core serves a permanent live, neutral, cpc, and switch wire. I've a feeling you may have a spare core??

Darren

M

MarkieSparkie

Hi TJS, If you supply us with the following:
Make, model and serial number of the boiler.
Make and model of the heating controller/programmer, pump, valve(s) and thermostat(s).
We can then give you specific circuit and connection details.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

boldspark

There is no other way to determine what each of the cores (including cpc) connect to, apart from you personally finding out.
Personally, I would disconnect whatever is there, test the integrity of both cables, and start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.