Discuss Boiler Connection Help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TJS

Can anyone help, I have just done a rewire on a house that has been completley refurbished and the homeowner has decided to put the old boiler (Glow worm) back into service and wants a s plan. I dont normally get involved with boilers and there is no wiring diagram for the boiler. There is 2 flex cables coming from the boiler, one has the usual Cpc, Live and neutral. the other is a 5 core flex and without the wiring diagram that came with the boiler, i need to know what each core serves

Tj

Not 100% certain but i would think the 3-core goes out to pump (over-run), and i would say your 5-core serves a permanent live, neutral, cpc, and switch wire. I've a feeling you may have a spare core??

Darren

Hi TJS, If you supply us with the following:
Make, model and serial number of the boiler.
Make and model of the heating controller/programmer, pump, valve(s) and thermostat(s).
We can then give you specific circuit and connection details.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no other way to determine what each of the cores (including cpc) connect to, apart from you personally finding out.
Personally, I would disconnect whatever is there, test the integrity of both cables, and start from scratch.

Reply to Boiler Connection Help in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock