Discuss Boiler not firing in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

rolyberkin

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, just a bit of self-doubt here, have wired in a Worcester Bosch Greenstar ri boiler with three two port valves which feed HW, Rads and one underfloor heating circuit. The boiler hower is not firing although clearly has power to it. When the time clock calls for heat there is power at the sw terminal at the boiler and the pump starts the boiler just doesn't fire. I am not convinced the fan in the boiler is starting? have told the plumber it is now in his ball park but wondered if there is anything else I can check electrical wise, knackered PCB?

Don't think there's anything you can do at the moment, as checking the boiler is all ok, is down to gas safe bod.

All you can do, is check your wiring is correct and you've got the right connections into the Worcester boiler, removing the links as required.

Just be there when the gas safe bod is checking things, just in case its something down to you. But if the pumps running, thats done by the boiler, I'd think there's something wrong with the boiler. Is it new?

The fan on my old Worcester boiler packed up (voltage on terminals, naughty shouldn't of done that), after I had to replace one of my zone valves. Must of come out in sympathy!

The customer bought an identical newer second hand boiler which was cheaper than the fan!?:)
If the boiler was cheaper than a new fan then it suggests this is a pretty old inefficient model and I am betting that few quid saved on the boiler is going to cost in lost energy in the forthcoming bills... do we have a model no' ?

If the boiler was cheaper than a new fan then it suggests this is a pretty old inefficient model and I am betting that few quid saved on the boiler is going to cost in lost energy in the forthcoming bills... do we have a model no' ?
Possibly... however, generally speaking, older products were better made so maybe they'll last longer and break down less often... so there's a number of factors to consider.

Not old and efficient boiler we just live in a throw away society, unbeliveably it cost £100 to buy a virtually new and identical Worcester Bosch Ri Gas Boiler from someone locally who had just put a larger boiler in or was quoted £149 for a fan. Took the plumber under an hour to whip out the boiler and replace with the new one. I suppose it was a case of the stars aligning and the exact same boiler becoming available going for a song.

Reply to Boiler not firing in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net