Discuss Bought a dud off ebay, first time for me, just a word to the wise. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

Bought a Van radio with satnav and dvd bluetooth etc. etc. Turns out the sat nav software was playing up so got on to the people who sell it (sat nav software, not the radio) and they checked my version and told me it is pirated software. I suppose I should know better at my age. But Erisin are the people who make and sell the radio in case you thought that would be nice for your van, the reviews were good and so on. But there I am with a cheap chinese imported radio that is dodgy and very little hope of recompense. Yes I have taken it up with ebay........

You should get your money back without a problem, if the seller doesn’t cooperate, eBay will intervene and reverse the PayPal transaction.
I’ve bought a few bits that either weren’t as described or I wanted to return (within 14 days) as I no longer wanted the item, and got a refund and didn’t have to return the item in some cases!

Last edited:
Yeh sure it was £180 is that cheap? or expensive, my old comand radio screen went off and I could have replaced that for £50 but thought well that looks good fair enough £180 should be ok. I have taken it up with ebay will have to wait days and days and days, took my money quick enough. The company I contacted re the software said they will be taking legal action against the company who sold me the pirated software Oh o!

At least yer covered by Ebay policy, it's an eye-opener to using online platforms, sometimes it takes a lot of digging to find out anything if at all about a seller but it is one good thing about Ebay in that respect... it when you go on other platforms like chinese commercial based ones, you have to know what to look out for before ever buying through them.

Interesting that you posted this, Ive been looking at screens on eBay for my A3 as mine has the old Audi chorus radio in it. I was looking to buy one and fit it next pay day also!

I will double check the sellers reviews just to make sure it’s all legit.

For a decent screen with satnav, DAB, Android etc you are looking around £250-300 in my opinion so that £180 seems a little on the cheap side.

well with the confirmation from the software firm stating its pirated and not legit then you will get your money back, it might take a few weeks as they normally work to set time windows for responses etc... i always pay via paypal on ebay as its an extra layer of protection and they are quite quick to issue refunds. its the ebay side now they separate firms, who are slow.

Bought a Van radio with satnav and dvd bluetooth etc. etc. Turns out the sat nav software was playing up so got on to the people who sell it (sat nav software, not the radio) and they checked my version and told me it is pirated software. I suppose I should know better at my age. But Erisin are the people who make and sell the radio in case you thought that would be nice for your van, the reviews were good and so on. But there I am with a cheap chinese imported radio that is dodgy and very little hope of recompense. Yes I have taken it up with ebay........

Don't worry about it,pal,more chance of landing a blagger on ebay,than winning the lottery...but we still buy tickets :)

I have purchased a few things via ebay,from dubious locations...some come made by meerkats,and the odd one,i'm still waiting for :confused:

I once had the misfortune of purchasing a pair of Oakley sunglasses for £60 from an EBay auction.
Soon as I opened the packet, I could tell right off they were fake.
The seller had 100% feedback, no bad reviews at all.
It was only then that I checked the sellers completed listings and saw just how many unwanted gifts they had sold in the previous 6 months.
Neither EBay or PayPal were of any use.
They wanted me to return the sunglasses for a refund and appeared to be quite happy to allow the seller to continue selling the fakes.
Instead I reported the seller to Trading Standards, leaving the sunglasses with them for evidence.
I changed my name to ‘sells fake goods’ and proceeded to bid on each of the seller’s listings.
They were selling 3 different models every couple of days.
Eventually the seller was banned.

yeah approach trading standards and eBay and let them know of this pirated software being sold online.
there has been a big purge on pirated equipment. ebay cant allow this to be sold by the company or they are implicated in assisting the crime to be committed. You might get help from trading standards, its a case of who you get to speak to and whether they help.
also help is available here.
Online shopping and auction fraud - https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud-az-online-shopping-fraud

sorry for the blurb
but at times I help charities out to protect the older/younger generations from cyber crime

Reply to Bought a dud off ebay, first time for me, just a word to the wise. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock