Discuss Brexit and your business in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You maybe waved through Zerax but lorries are not.

Even between Norway and Sweden or Switzerland and the several EU countries it borders there is border infrastructure. This is what they want to avoid in Ireland.
Yes... border infrastructure... but in reality very little is checked. It's typical of the EU generally... lots of rules and regulations, but largely ignored. Thats one of the reasons why we never really 'fitted in' with the rest of the EU... we actually obey the rules and regulations !

Well it's all getting interesting,

Boris has stated he will not deliver Corbyn's "Surrender Bill" to Brussels. I've read he will simply not ask for Royal Consent, which is required for this type of bill.

But, cunningly, he will inform parliament beforehand and allow, if not call, a Vote of No Confidence in his own Government.

Thus leaving parliment two options,

1, Vote in favoir of the Government and in doing so allow Boris not to deliver the "Surrender Bill" and a No Deal Brexit follows on the 31st of October.

2, Vote " No Confidence" and force a General Election and either Torry/Brexit Party romp home with a majority or there is simply insufficient time and a No Deal default occurs on 31st October.

Looks like Brexit may be happening at last.

I'm just dealing with a bunch of reports about the content of this thread.

This is a divisive subject that will ultimately result in some strong opinions being displayed. If these opinions do not align with yours, please do not waste staff time by reporting the posts unless they contain truly offensive material.

I for example am a leaver and want to see the back of the EU and am sick and tired of people on the wider internet implying I'm an uneducated, xenophobic biggot who was brainwashed by the leave campaign. Do I report every post I see that implies this? No, because I believe people have the right to express their views, even if I disagree with them. Words on a screen cannot hurt me because if I really don't like them I can simply skip them. If there is a view in this thread (or others) that you disagree with, move along, do not waste staff time reporting posts because you simply disagree with them. Members who do this may be subject to a temporary holiday for wasting staff time.

It is, but the subject will ultimately result in some decent into a discussion about politics. My voting position was used simply by way of an example :)
My comment wasn’t aimed at your post SC.

It was aimed as a reminder of what post 1 said as I am very interested to know if people think there business is safe or under threat or if they are feeling anything now.

But your quite correct a hot topic like this will go off thread.

We don't want to discuss what you voted for and who likes who the best - but for discussing how your think your business could be affected by Brexit then use this thread.

So

How do you think your business will be affected by Brexit? Would it be better to leave or stay? Has your business already been affected?

It will affect me trying to get machine parts sourced over night from Germany.
I'm kinda hoping that any difficulty in importing 'stuff' might mean that it levels the playing field a bit and we can start to make 'stuff' here again. Might be a big hope as allegedly we are at almost full employment, so we lack the people.... oh hang on, aren't we going to have major job losses if we are ever allowed to leave ?

I'm kinda hoping that any difficulty in importing 'stuff' might mean that it levels the playing field a bit and we can start to make 'stuff' here again. Might be a big hope as allegedly we are at almost full employment, so we lack the people.... oh hang on, aren't we going to have major job losses if we are ever allowed to leave ?
That's a crazy mentality

I work in a manufacturing environment. The UK is too small to source exact components from.

The lack of labour I wouldn't worry about, any factory worth it's salt is getting into automation.

You need access to the full eu marketplace.

Had absolutely no ill effect yet , but I’m only small fry one man and his hamster kinda business

That said I have noticed food prices are steadily rising possibly as a cause of brexit but again could just be coincidence?

A post brexit house price crash probably won’t be good for big firms who rely on work from the big developers ?

That's a crazy mentality

I work in a manufacturing environment. The UK is too small to source exact components from.

The lack of labour I wouldn't worry about, any factory worth it's salt is getting into automation.

Factories have been getting into automation for many decades now, it's not a new thing.

Like many others I doubt it will impact my business, if it ever happens. The only way it's possibly going to hurt me is if 'we' allow the nay-sayers to talk us into another recession.

Factories have been getting into automation for many decades now, it's not a new thing.

Yes, but we're on the cusp of a wave.

It's being opened up to nearly every process.

We are now automating white collar jobs as well.

We are actually closing our financial department and looking to run it through SAP.

I forgot to add that one of the direct effects to my business was that a public liability insurance policy that I held issued in Dublin covering my work in the south of Ireland was not renewed. No claim had ever been made on the policy, but I was informed that due to a new law the insurance company would not renew the policy. This flies in the face of the lies told by the 26-County Taoiseach Leo Varadkar that his administration would prevent any new barriers to cross-border trade given that they have enacted this law. I contacted numerous other insurance agents/companies in the State and was refused by all of them.

Eventually I managed to have a UK policy amended to meet all of the requirements of RECI, but this was no easy task. On the plus side it has saved me €650.

Reply to Brexit and your business in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock