• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Brother P-Touch label printer cartridges.

Discuss Brother P-Touch label printer cartridges. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good morning ladies and gents.
For those who use a Brother labeller, do you use genuine cartridges or compatibles? And where do you get them?

Cheers.

Electrician's Arms
Genuine. Tried a couple of the none genuine ones and didn't think they where much good.

And oddly I get them from Ebay, can often find a decent deal on them if you look around and are patient.

anthonybragg

Electrician's Arms
I was going to post this exact question as got a Brother labelling machine. I have only used 12mm they say you can use 9mm it this true. I used to get Dyno non-genuine ones of that make and were ok for labelling up sockets but I was always dubious of the length.

SJD

Forum Mentor
Genuine Brother tapes but from eBay.

Just stocked up with 18mm black on yellow tape for £7 a cassette (compared to approx. double that from Screwfix etc.)

Strima

Electrician's Arms
I've never had any issues with compatible tapes. I only buy genuine when the customers paying... :D

suffolkspark

Electrician's Arms
Yes mate i put some thinner tape in mine this time round, i have a budget model and with the 12mm tape even with font set to small its quite large ... Thinner tape got it printing thinner... Amazon i got last ones from
I was going to post this exact question as got a Brother labelling machine. I have only used 12mm they say you can use 9mm it this true. I used to get Dyno non-genuine ones of that make and were ok for labelling up sockets but I was always dubious of the length.

NDG Elecs

Electrician's Arms
I tried compatible ones once.. Out of three cartridges two ended up in the bin pretty sharpish as they snagged up when trying to use them. That was for a brother P Touch.

GMES

Hairy and proud
Staff member
Admin
Compatible off Amazon can get a pack of either 4 or 5 for the price of 1 genuine from the wholesaler with no problems.

SWD

Gender neutral
Electrician's Arms
Hmm, there seems to be mixed results re compatibles, try both and make a decision for yourself from there.
Lol

Much easier to come on here and to post a thread up thus making the decision even more confusing........

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]