Discuss Burnt out fused spur in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Adam_92

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Has anyone come across click accessories spurs burning out?

it seems to only be happening with the CNS200 Trend uk Steibel eltron heaters

Fuse is still fine just the spur itself is burning out had so many of these

Thanks in advance
Adam

Attachments

• image.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 9
Modern day accessories regardless of brand are prone to failure from loads such as heaters I have replaced countless. Wherever possible avoid FCUs and fit double pole switches but these are not infallible. Fit an FCU to a sufficiently rated heater, give it five minutes and it will be getting warm.
This looks the same as yours.
20210525_103111.jpg

Only change to DP switches if protection is not affected. Water heaters tend to cycle through the thermostat so are not heating for long durations. Heaters tend to be running all the time, my pic was a 3kw ceiling heater running all the time.

Reply to Burnt out fused spur in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A recent EICR turned up a fault: an RCD fused spur was feeding a socket and a shower pump, and neither socket or pump had continuity on the CPC...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have normal fused immersion heater switch. I would like to add a smart wifi switch to it so when my Solar is producing over 3k spare, going...
Replies
Views
So a quick catch up so you can get an idea… I was asked to do a job for another electrician, as he is too busy. I’m busy myself but said I’d...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, today I experienced a near death electric shock. This happened on a single phase domestic property! I was carrying out a few...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock