Discuss Busbar connection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have a busbar, and I connected two cables (phase conductor, not neutral) with one bolt, like one from the picture attached. But, one buyer complains that such connection is not allowed. He says that it must be one bolt for one cable. What do you think about that? Is there any standard which says that two cables can't be connected to one bolt?

Attachments

• Busbar connection Two lugs one bolt - EletriciansForums.net
    Two lugs one bolt.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 16
I have done this with parallel feeders where conductors are part of the same circuit but not if they are separate. I assume this isn't in the UK.

I cant see a problem with it, nothing in uk reg's against it.

however, if it was my job and that was the only thing holding up getting it signed off by customer.
I would let them know my views, ask them if they can provide a regulation number to back up there claim.

However, end of the day customer will drag there heels over paying the bill if they are not happy with it. so on reflection I would probably just drill another hole in the buss bar and bolt them separately.

Chalk it down to experience and move on.

I cant see a problem with it, nothing in uk reg's against it.

however, if it was my job and that was the only thing holding up getting it signed off by customer.
I would let them know my views, ask them if they can provide a regulation number to back up there claim.

However, end of the day customer will drag there heels over paying the bill if they are not happy with it. so on reflection I would probably just drill another hole in the buss bar and bolt them separately.

Chalk it down to experience and move on.
yes, customer is always right

Reply to Busbar connection in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock