Discuss Business travel in lockdown in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Struggling to find a clear and concise answer to travel for work during this current round of lockdown.
Local travel to my usual area not an issue, it's further afield I am looking for clarification on.
I.e. South coast up to North Derbyshire, single day, no stopping over and literally just to take a load of kit, unload and layout, return home.
Info so far on official sites list a load of types, including professional athletes, BBC film crews, and loads of other people that bear little resemblance to real life workers.

Anyone got any official guidance on whether we mere Electrical Gods can go that far?

As above... We are all in the same tier. If you can't work from home then go to work.

Yup, if you can't work from home then you travel. In fact I'm just about to leave to travel to the hotel for the rest of the week. Coming back on Friday.

As above if it's in connection with your employment and or own business and the work can't be done from home then you can travel.

Just don't stop and eat sandwiches or other food / drink in a beauty spot, stop in a layby or car park

The reference to BBC, athletes etc relates to International travel out of or into the U.K

It's covered by this statement from the link;

Travel

You must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (for example, for work or education purposes).

I get it but the wife is a bit obsessed with the fine print. She is in a business than can open but only under certain conditions which is driving her mad!
I'll be quoting you lot if I get stopped ??

Dont worry, my whole business involves extensive travel, during the first lockdown there were a number of hotels that stayed open just for this issue. Dont get me wrong, its a miserable existence as there was no food or drink, had to shop at a local super market but needs must.

I was the other way around, coming from North Derbyshire to an office referb / clear out , West London.

Dont get me wrong, its a miserable existence as there was no food or drink, had to shop at a local super market but needs must.
I agree, miserable. I'm just off for another week of 'just eat' delivery every night :-(

I agree, miserable. I'm just off for another week of 'just eat' delivery every night :-(
depending on what Mrs.moley's cooking is like, that could be a blessing or a curse.

Reply to Business travel in lockdown in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock