Currently reading:
Cable in concrete trench corroded

Discuss Cable in concrete trench corroded in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

maccaandy

DIY
Reaction score
Hi,

A few years ago I had some cables run from my fuse board to my kitchen. The cables were laid inside my house through the concrete base. There was a long trench dug through the house, and the cables laid into it. Now, a few years on, I've had a qualified electrician confirm that the cables which were laid have corroded and need to be replaced.

Does anyone know what the regulations are with laying normal PVC cable in concrete? Should it have been put in conduit to protect it? The qualified electrician I recently had said I could claim against NAPIT for incorrect installation, but I need to work out if it was actually incorrectly installed or not. I've attached a picture of the cables going straight into the ground.

Does anyone have any advice on this please?

IMG_3417.jpg

Reply to Cable in concrete trench corroded in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back