Search the forum,

Discuss Cable size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Then don't make a mess of it, it's drilling a hole through a wall, if you can't manage that without making a mess then???

I wouldn't entertain jointing a 16mm SWA in a plastic box personally,

I have done it before and it was fine, I need to be 100% sure of which option I go with as it will either work or will have a hole in the side of his new building which he doesnt want. I could try and do it I guess, but its not something I do on a daily basis and would rather think i had done this method before.

EV Charger.

Have not got time to read in full but check reg 722.411.4.1???

PME earthing shall not be used as the means of earthing for the protective conductor contact of a charging point located outdoors.

It goes on for a bit but need to go home. Section 722 of the new regs book. Page 279.

Have not got time to read in full but check reg 722.411.4.1???

PME earthing shall not be used as the means of earthing for the protective conductor contact of a charging point located outdoors.

It goes on for a bit but need to go home. Section 722 of the new regs book. Page 279.

You know what, having just looked at this, I have not got that part of the regs, I am guessing its in one of the amendments which I need to download.

Ill explain the full setup so you can see, its PME / TNCS.

Metal building, the charger is going 2ft from the building.

The charger is a Rolec Basic Charge, all metal construction etc...

722.411.4.1 does say that, in a TN system, except where (i), (ii), or (iii) applies, a PME earthing facility shall not be used.

Actually look at this thread:
http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...orum/88166-electric-vehicle-charging-pme.html

Reply to Cable size in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net