Search the forum,

Discuss calibration certs and test sheets in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello
the niceic state i must regularly prove my tester against a known source and record my findings for the assessment day. the problem i have is that im three weeks away from a assessment and have the following proofs>

1, sticker on tester covering 2007>2008 (lost calibration sheet readings)
2, sticker on tester covering 2008>2008 (no calibration sheet was ever issued)

what would you guys do in this situation?
how do you regularly prove accuracy? (expensive calibration box??)

cheers mw:)

You need your calibration cert & you are supposed to have it calibrated every year. There are companies out there that will provide this service, RS components included (They tend to be on the expensive side though)

My Megger was calibrated when I bought it three years ago. Since then I've kept a monthly Excel chart of continuity and insulation resistance resistance readings and my NIC inspectors have been happy with that (including my inspection this week).

If you're pushed for time matey just generate an Excel and run some tests against a cheap check box.

I've also said that I check my own meter against other people's when I'm on a shared site and the inspector thought that a good idea as well.

In essence, NIC don't seem to enforce calibration each year as long as you have regular records which indicate good health. Just tell him it's booked in a few weeks from now.

My own calibration box was £50.

Last edited:

Reply to calibration certs and test sheets in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All I am a time served approved electrical contractor with 20 years experience first 15 years as a rewire spark with my own team rewiring five...
Replies
Views
Good morning, Ok so this is something that has been bothering me for some time now and seems to be somewhat of a 'grey' area, I am hoping the...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme safe isolation- the niceic way!
niceic initial assessment tomorrow! woop woop Seek permission to isolate isolate, locked off with signage- keep key on you prove my gs38 approved...
Replies
Views
Evening All, I Beleive this may have been touched on in the past but I'm going to bring it up anyway. A few things to discuss, Essentially...
Replies
Views
thiza1455
T
F
Good Afternoon, As you may have been aware we have had a long running promotion on our website where we have supplied a free voltage and...
Replies
Views
Former Sponsor TM
F

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock