Discuss Can I ask for some help I don't mind getting flammed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The way to look at it is you would be pulled up on it on an assessment so for the time and effort it takes yes I would sleeve it

Makes me laugh whenever I see pictures people show me from their holidays abroad in other European Countries, with uninsulated cables hanging between poles at head height and wires wrapped around overhead lines.
It seems that only a small handful of Countries actually bother to comply with European law.

Yes .. and our stupid country is one of them !!!

As I say cheers for all the advise and help and not giving me any grief for not knowing :blush5:

Ive got another question due to being a bit of bull in a china shop. I've got to replace an extractor fan with exactly the same one only newer but I didn't pay attention to where my live went assuming it would just be a earth neutral and live termination, well upon further investigation I've got a earth terminal a neutral terminal and I know what got in these but then I've got a terminal marked t a terminal marked LH and a terminal marked LL I would say the live conductor should go in the Lh but I'd sooner know for sure then a bang to tell me otherwise, does anyone know I would refer to the instructions but they are long gone
Terminal marked T is switched live for the light/timer integration (if you have one) , terminal marked LH is permanent line connection for high speed, Terminal marked LL is permanent line connection for low speed.

Reply to Can I ask for some help I don't mind getting flammed in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I've just tried wiring an indesit IB65B60 induction hob. I read the instruction manual and it said for 240v connections to put the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to rewire an old plug. I've rewired a few in my time, but all have been with the post-2006 wire colours. I have this old welder...
Replies
Views
I have a fairly typical setup of the light on my landing being able to be controlled by both a switch on the landing and a switch at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I’m in the process of mapping out a relatively standard S-plan system for my parents central heating and hot water system. Not sure...
Replies
Views
I have just been in the process of changing some old 12v halogen downlights in the bathroom for bathroom for mains volt leds. My late father was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock