Discuss Can I Daisy Chain Appliance Adapters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I live in Florida. I'm a Disabled Vet and I was given a Whirlpool Dryer Model: WED4850BW0 | Serial: M34317283 by a Non-Profit Veterans Organization.
You can take a look at it here with its specs.--> Whirlpool Dryer - Model: WED4850BW
My dryer's model number has a "0" after the "BW". Whirlpool said the "0" is an engineer number. They are both the same machine.
So, I was thinking, whereas there are adapters for the 240v to plugin to a 220 outlet and there is an adapter that the 220 adapters to plug into 120 outlet.
I was thinking that I could daisy chain them.
The picture I made illustrates it better.
Thank You for any help you can provide. Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Can I Daisy Chain Appliance Adapters Adapter Daisy Chain - EletriciansForums.net
    Adapter Daisy Chain.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 11
I live in Florida. I'm a Disabled Vet and I was given a Whirlpool Dryer Model: WED4850BW0 | Serial: M34317283 by a Non-Profit Veterans Organization.
You can take a look at it here with its specs.--> Whirlpool Dryer - Model: WED4850BW
My dryer's model number has a "0" after the "BW". Whirlpool said the "0" is an engineer number. They are both the same machine.
So, I was thinking, whereas there are adapters for the 240v to plugin to a 220 outlet and there is an adapter that the 220 adapters to plug into 120 outlet.
I was thinking that I could daisy chain them.
The picture I made illustrates it better.
Thank You for any help you can provide. Merry Christmas
First off Thank you for your service, I’m not quite understanding what you are trying to achieve but your dryer will not run on a 20 regular receptacle. And there is no different in 220vac and 240 vac. When read with a meter you have 240vac phase to phase. Good luck

First off Thank you for your service, I’m not quite understanding what you are trying to achieve but your dryer will not run on a 20 regular receptacle. And there is no different in 220vac and 240 vac. When read with a meter you have 240vac phase to phase. Good luck
Hello Megawatt, Thank you for your reply and thank you for thanking me for my service.

So you get a better understanding of the situation. The only time I've ever dried my own clothes was after my divorce, and that was at a Laundry Mat, and when I moved into an apartment... but the washer and dryer were already in the apartment, so I never saw the back of a dryer. And, I always saw the dryer plugged into the normal wall outlet. Now I know that dryers that are plugged into normal outlets are gas dryers. I can't believe I'm learning this in my 65th year on this Planet, but anyway! I received a Whirlpool Dryer Model WED4850BW from a Vets Organization. They donated it to me because I'm a disabled vet. So, based on my ignorance I accepted whatever they gave me. I thought that all dryers just plugged into a normal wall outlet. But after the guys got it upstairs and I went to plug it into the normal wall outlet, I saw the size difference of the dryer's plug compared to the wall outlet, I said... "What is going on here!", and that's when I started my research. I called Whirpool and based on the model and serial number... it seems that the dryer was bought in Canada. It's a 240-volt dryer.
Actually, you can see the dryer I have it here... with its specifications.

Megawatt, would you know if the Canadian outlets for a 240-volt appliance are the same size as U.S. 220-volt outlets?

Thank You for reading Megawatt, and I'll truly appreciate any advice you can provide.
Best Regards, Chris/StageMan

Hello Megawatt, Thank you for your reply and thank you for thanking me for my service.

So you get a better understanding of the situation. The only time I've ever dried my own clothes was after my divorce, and that was at a Laundry Mat, and when I moved into an apartment... but the washer and dryer were already in the apartment, so I never saw the back of a dryer. And, I always saw the dryer plugged into the normal wall outlet. Now I know that dryers that are plugged into normal outlets are gas dryers. I can't believe I'm learning this in my 65th year on this Planet, but anyway! I received a Whirlpool Dryer Model WED4850BW from a Vets Organization. They donated it to me because I'm a disabled vet. So, based on my ignorance I accepted whatever they gave me. I thought that all dryers just plugged into a normal wall outlet. But after the guys got it upstairs and I went to plug it into the normal wall outlet, I saw the size difference of the dryer's plug compared to the wall outlet, I said... "What is going on here!", and that's when I started my research. I called Whirpool and based on the model and serial number... it seems that the dryer was bought in Canada. It's a 240-volt dryer.
Actually, you can see the dryer I have it here... with its specifications.

Megawatt, would you know if the Canadian outlets for a 240-volt appliance are the same size as U.S. 220-volt outlets?

Thank You for reading Megawatt, and I'll truly appreciate any advice you can provide.
Best Regards, Chris/StageMan
My friend yes Canada has the same voltage and configuration as we do and if I could I would come over and rewire your dryer. Please hire an electrician to install you an outlet using 4 wire # 8. I really feel for you and I hope you get your dryer fixed. Again thank you for your service. My friend when God closes one door and he opens another one. I hope you get your dryer installed correctly

My friend yes Canada has the same voltage and configuration as we do and if I could I would come over and rewire your dryer. Please hire an electrician to install you an outlet using 4 wire # 8. I really feel for you and I hope you get your dryer fixed. Again thank you for your service. My friend when God closes one door and he opens another one. I hope you get your dryer installed correctly
Thank you for your reply Megawatt. You are absolutely correct about GOD!

Reply to Can I Daisy Chain Appliance Adapters in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock