Discuss can someone help me with a worksheet i have to complete in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

I haven't learnt about any of this before and its starting to stress me out. I have copied the worksheet underneath this, Can you please help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a picture of a typical earthing arrangement in a domestic dwelling. This is a T-N-C-S earthing arrangment. You are to complete all the tasks in this research project before you install the system in the workshop and complete all necessary tests.
Use the internet and any materials you have to help you complete these tasks.
Tasks:
  1. You are to complete the diagram using coloured pencils and rulers and connect up the earthing system. Identify the CSA of wire used for each part, explain why you choose this size of wire.
  2. Explain how and where you have connected the water and gas supplies (ie. Distances and reasons for placement). Ensure you identify any labels and where they should be mounted and what method is used for this.
  3. Write a method statement and a materials list.
  4. Describe the methods for carrying out tests on the installation and expected values.

all measurements are approx but base calculations on these
1601306476703.png

Last edited:
Hi. If you haven't learned any of this before then you will indeed struggle. Why are you attempting it if you haven't been learning about it? Are you on a course at the minute?

Hi. If you haven't learned any of this before then you will indeed struggle. Why are you attempting it if you haven't been learning about it? Are you on a course at the minute?
yes i am, i would normally be in a classroom being taught this but the current situation has me stuck at home unable to contact any of my teachers

Hi there. Surely you must have learned some of this, somewhere?

You won’t learn if someone just gives you the answer.
Suggest you look at this excellent description of earthing and bonding. There are several parts. Watch them all, try and fill in the worksheet and post it here. We can then let you know if changes are needed! Good luck.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odnUIWyC0oU

yes i am, i would normally be in a classroom being taught this but the current situation has me stuck at home unable to contact any of my teachers

Are they not doing some form of distance learning?

I haven't learnt about any of this before and its starting to stress me out. I have copied the worksheet underneath this, Can you please help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a picture of a typical earthing arrangement in a domestic dwelling. This is a T-N-C-S earthing arrangment. You are to complete all the tasks in this research project before you install the system in the workshop and complete all necessary tests.
Use the internet and any materials you have to help you complete these tasks.
Tasks:
  1. You are to complete the diagram using coloured pencils and rulers and connect up the earthing system. Identify the CSA of wire used for each part, explain why you choose this size of wire.
  2. Explain how and where you have connected the water and gas supplies (ie. Distances and reasons for placement). Ensure you identify any labels and where they should be mounted and what method is used for this.
  3. Write a method statement and a materials list.
  4. Describe the methods for carrying out tests on the installation and expected values.

all measurements are approx but base calculations on these
1601306476703.png

Well that's a bit better - actually providing the information for people to answer Edit - in saying that the attachment is no longer available since you edit it.

Just saying you can't understand a worksheet without even including any information about what is is, what answers did you expect?

Are they not doing some form of distance learning?
Unfortunately not, it is all online and im making no progress
[automerge]1601311470[/automerge]
Hi there. Surely you must have learned some of this, somewhere?

You won’t learn if someone just gives you the answer.
Suggest you look at this excellent description of earthing and bonding. There are several parts. Watch them all, try and fill in the worksheet and post it here. We can then let you know if changes are needed! Good luck.
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odnUIWyC0oU
I have drawn this so far, what size cables are usually used when doing this

IMG_0157.jpg

Last edited:
do you have a copy of the onsite guide. it's in there. if not, have a look here:

Have you got any course books / resources you can look at to help?
nope, college havent given me abything to help on the course and i dont have anything with me to help either, that is why i am on this website, hoping that there are some people out there that can help coach me
do you have a copy of the onsite guide. it's in there.
nope, is that an online thing or is it a handbook

did you miss this?

Doesn't sound like much of a course if they don't supply the necessary learning materials. What course is it?

You should at least have a copy of the IET Onsite Guide, this should have been drilled into you to get from day 1. Is it a college running this or a 3rd party provider?

There is also a coursebook to accompany the course, again this should have been explained to you from day 1. Even if it's not used in college it is an excellent resource in lieu of a good teacher.

Ask for your money back.
a college should give all the information you need, distance learning or in class.
unless you were skiving off first week when all this was handed out.

You should at least have a copy of the IET Onsite Guide, this should have been drilled into you to get from day 1. Is it a college running this or a 3rd party provider?

There is also a coursebook to accompany the course, again this should have been explained to you from day 1. Even if it's not used in college it is an excellent resource in lieu of a good teacher.
It is a college course on level 3 electrical installation but the college is just messing around with getting the course set up

Reply to can someone help me with a worksheet i have to complete in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net