Discuss Can we have Read-Only access to the trainee forum? in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

@Dan is it possible to have read only access to Trainee, if you're not actually a Trainee or a Mentor? I've long thought this would be good as every day's a school day, so to speak.
No. It's a private forum. The guys in there are discussing tests and results. We don't want that public or even read by those who it doesn't apply to.

Last edited:
No I don't think the guys training in there want people to know what they're asking in there.

If you are training, apply for access.

We could end up showing people how to carry out works who have just got 50 posts to the forum and proved they're a business.

We actually check the trainees in there to make sure they're legit. They even lose access once their course ends.

The only problem Tony is we dont want the wrong people having access, I dont me you by that comment but the trainee forum is a safe haven where trainees can post things in there without worrying about any snotty comments or sarcasm which is a good thing be cause we are trying to encourage them to come out of their shells.
But any long standing member can apply for access and it would be considered by staff.
Obviously they would need the right credentials...
Good history on here
Helpful
Willing to help the trainess etc etc.

As I trainee I wouldn't object to those experienced and established in the trade (own biz for X years, reputable, good history of helping on forum, got in to the trade by either college/apprenticeship (I would be wary of electrical trainee course, just because compared with college/apprenticeship route, there could be considerably less time 'on the tools' so to speak - that is to say making circuits, doing tests, doing changes, albeit in a controlled environment)

Who decides who is 'Mentor' material I in the hands of the site team obviously but I'd like to think they've got a good feel for frequent members

Reply to Can we have Read-Only access to the trainee forum? in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock