Discuss cash in hand in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I totally agree but your missing the point im not making any interest on this job im just wiring a mates house cause he put me a new boiler in and rads only thing is he wants a cert cause he is going to sell his house so i wanted to know if i could issue a cert or tell labc with out being fined or anything i work for a small company so i know exactly what its like for small companys but at the end of the day im returning a favour to my corgi registered mate im not poaching work or doing endless foreigners just me and mate mate who work 6 days a week sometimes seven to do well for our famillys want to help each other out so only wanted advice on the best way to cert it without getting in trouble with labc or tax man cause im not getting paid.

If that really is the case, then pay the fee and notify LABC via the usual route.

It really isnt a big deal as you are (saying) you are competent to do the work.

However, most LABC's may accept a PIR. This is usually the case when a sparks leaves a job half done and then does a bunk leaving someone else to finish off.

I am at this very moment doing this to 2 flats above a shop, where the builder has gone bust and left them unfinished. one quick phone call to LABC to confirm they will accept this and they said fine.

Your call.

My post was not aimed at you , it was a general comment posted after i had read the total thread.

It is easy for you really, just inform LABC before doing the work, get ya mate to pay the fee and thats it. Just sayin i am up against sparks all day who aint going by the rules, not only that;l they bad mouth people like me to the customer sayin we tryin to rip them off.

In my opinion something needs to be done, i don't really mind either way as long as its a level playing field for all of us.

Sorry if you got the hump, no offence intended.
sory mate i did think it was aimed at me my mistake , i do totally agree with everything you say though , i hope to set up on my own in the next 2 years but there is allot to put me off.

a lot of valid points here about a very sore subject! but hughsey seems like a descent fella and im glad that he's gonna go down the respectable path. interesting point that jason made about labc, as that is probably all they would do anyway, but non the less you are not part of compotent person scheme (yet) so imo you will need to notify labc. give them a call in your area, you may find there alot cheaper than what i have quoted you. (im from york)
or if you come into a wedge of cash then just register with nicy or any other well known brand!

Reply to cash in hand in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock