Discuss Cash payment is morally wrong!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the bloke was on radio 2 today, saying we dont pay tax on cash jobs my initial thoughts were wtf this bloke on about most the MPs are the crooks
but he was on about lost revenue, its always the same though we wont go after the crook MP (coleague) and the rich but ohhh yeh lets go after the small fry who are trying to make ends meet and make them squirm even more

Why is everyone moaning about taxation? Why dont you move to greece?...they dont worry too much about tax over there.
All this tory bashing is silly. The Tories look after the rich because its the rich who fund a large part of the national purse. Labour tried favouring the poor and it left the country £1,000 000 000 000 in debt. Excellent. No one can accuse the high ranking tory supporters of being greedy compared to their labour counterparts...just look at the union leaders.

All they have done is written us all a letter telling us how to avoid getting caught for tax evasion (dont notify the job)
They haven't written a letter saying we will be hung for evading £100 in tax but if its £10 000 in tax we will get a medal and a pat on the back for being wealthy.
People who earn lots of money often do so as a result of their own hard work and determination, yet they give away nearly half their income to the government while people who give less than 10% of their earnings are complaining that its not fair.
Is anyone here arguing that taking cash for the purpose of tax evasion is not morally wrong? Not that we havn't all done it from time to time of course. Would it be better if the government were to tell us that anyone who works with his hands need not worry about paying tax?

Why is everyone moaning about taxation? Why dont you move to greece?...they dont worry too much about tax over there.
All this tory bashing is silly. The Tories look after the rich because its the rich who fund a large part of the national purse. Labour tried favouring the poor and it left the country £1,000 000 000 000 in debt. Excellent. No one can accuse the high ranking tory supporters of being greedy compared to their labour counterparts...just look at the union leaders.

All they have done is written us all a letter telling us how to avoid getting caught for tax evasion (dont notify the job)
They haven't written a letter saying we will be hung for evading £100 in tax but if its £10 000 in tax we will get a medal and a pat on the back for being wealthy.
People who earn lots of money often do so as a result of their own hard work and determination, yet they give away nearly half their income to the government while people who give less than 10% of their earnings are complaining that its not fair.
Is anyone here arguing that taking cash for the purpose of tax evasion is not morally wrong? Not that we havn't all done it from time to time of course. Would it be better if the government were to tell us that anyone who works with his hands need not worry about paying tax?

When MP's stop taking the p*ss themselves (and we know some of them do!), maybe we would all feel better about being lectured by them. Tory or otherwise. Simples. Let's keep party politics out of this FFS. You will open a can of worms for yourself!

i think you will find the working man funds most of it,the super rich pay less than you and me,jimmy carr anyone,i pay 40% on some of my income,not because im rich just because i graft me nuts off,but i dont have the means to get out of paying it,so if i earn a purple note every now and then for 10 mins work,it wont change a thing...

just dont put it in your bank and dont buy a 50k car when you only paying tax on 8k to get it back.. we all have done we jobs for 20 quid but soon as recession hit its turning into upto 5k jobs in cash, but its not the tradesmans fault its the richer guy who is pulling the strings , who are we too turn it down if it suits us.. and as we all say it goes back into the local street/shops or ebay.

the slabber just needs something to say even tho he knows its been happening for years but suppose thats what recession is for, to turn upside down the money problems

- - - Updated - - -

can picture you on police camera action pulling your trousers up saying sorry mate to the cop its my first time
Unless you're sleeping with a hooker I guess lol

So, I'm just loading up the van this morning and along come my old mates the Polish window cleaners.

They do the job, super quick, like they always do.

It's £12. Shall I ask them to send me an invoice so i can pay by bank transfer?, or write them a cheque (I thought we were doing away with cheques).

So, like I always do I dob them the £12 in cash. Will the tax man see any percentage of that? I don't think so.
Will HMRC mount a campaign against Polish window cleaners? Nah, its easier to pick on registered electricians 'cos we are sitting ducks.

if an electrician was to exept cash payments to avoid tax i bet it would only be the odd 50 quid at most as other jobs would have to be notified via part p and we all know thats just a papper trail for tax man .timee and time again these polititions show that they don't live in the real world they caused this recession ime tempted to send them the shirt off my back:rant:

Market traders and taxi drivers could be the next under scrutiny, but, somehow, I doubt it.
they won't touch taxi drivers as they wont want to look racist as most in our area can't speak english it would cost more in translators than they could collect.most would probably be ilegal imigrants so we wouldn't have many taxis left

Because it's easier, it's those doing things correctly, and legally, that they target. Cowboys get away with it, just like most of the 'indians'.

Cheques are going, or were? Now no one is to pay cash. Exactly what form of payment are we to get? Oh electronic transfers that cost me a fortune, into my business account, in charges so we make the banks more money!

Nice of him to assume that no cash job is ever invoiced!

Him and his wife are both solicitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They lie for a living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

but then , look at it logically... say i get £50 cash from a customer for replacing a couple of dodgy socket fronts. £5 for the 2 sockets, of which £1 is tax. that leaves £45. £20 goes in the bottomless diesel tank, £ 14 of that is tax. £7 on 20 smokes, £5 of which is tax. then i'll unwind with a pint or 2. another £3 tax

so, out of the £50 charged, £23 has gone straight to the treasury to help pay phoney blair and that other idiot that ruined the economy, postulating around europe as if they/ve saved the planet. and i'm left with about a tenner to pay income tax.

I take it that you blame Blair and Co for the recessions in the rest of Europe, ...and beyond too??

It was Blair and Brown who said the economy is in safe hands with us until we realised they were racking up the credit card and saying that the banks needed less regulation

Reply to Cash payment is morally wrong!!! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock