Discuss Ceiling fan wiring easy help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jimmer

DIY
Reaction score
New fan with light - and remote.
Wiring in first pic from manual. Black, brown, blue, white.
Second pic - my light fixture pulled down with wires. Black wire not connected to anything.
Two switches on wall. One turns on black/hot to two light wires. Other switch only turns on single black wire from box.
Before I take it out of the box, how does this get wired correctly?
Super thanks for helpful replies.
fan wiring.jpgactual wiring.jpg

New fan with light - and remote.
Wiring in first pic from manual. Black, brown, blue, white.
Second pic - my light fixture pulled down with wires. Black wire not connected to anything.
Two switches on wall. One turns on black/hot to two light wires. Other switch only turns on single black wire from box.
Before I take it out of the box, how does this get wired correctly?
Super thanks for helpful replies.
View attachment 102927View attachment 102928
It’s not to bad to wire a ceiling fan with remote. Your wiring diagram is a little blurry but the wires on the fan is blue for the light and the black is for the fan and then your neutral and ground wire. The transmitter will need to be installed and wired to the fan. I’ve done a few but there all different so my suggestion is follow manufacturers manual. It’s not that hard. It looks like you have 1 switch for the fan and 1 for the light. Good luck

Perhaps someone here has experienced my dilemma.

I have a ceiling fan with a 3 position pull chain switch. From above the light kit I have a white wire, a black wire and a red wire.

The switch has a red wire, a blue wire, and a black wire.

How do I connect this switch up. The internet is very confusing.

All I really did was replace a bad socket, that is where I went wrong. I am really bad with electricity.

Reply to Ceiling fan wiring easy help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net