Discuss Chamber/Oven doesn't shut off with timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rookie978

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,

I was giving project to replace our old temperature heat chamber/oven with newer one. It required for me to use the same timer from the old oven to use for the newer oven. (timer and oven have the same spec 208V/20A with L6-20). I worked with electrical, but not often and still learning as I'm going. So with that being said, of course the newer oven electrical would be completely different wiring. As of now I have both oven and timer on and up running. However, I can not manually shut off the timer and I also cant shut off the timer with programmed to the set time. I believed i need to broken the leg in order to shut off the oven, but im not sure which wire should i connect too?

The timer have 3 line
1. is going to Neutral
2. is going to HOT
3. is the Load.

Please help me, I know i am close just not sure which wire to close the leg. If you guys need diagram of the oven I can provide.

thanks in advance.

Reply to Chamber/Oven doesn't shut off with timer in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A friend's partner has an interesting fault, if it is a fault. She sets the shut down timer on the cooker and when the timer goes off (which in...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced my old double oven which was about 10 years old with a new model as whenever I used the top oven it tripped the electrics...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced my old double oven which was about 10 years old with a new model as whenever I used the top oven it tripped the electrics...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thankyou in advance for your help I have a block of 5 stories with a staircase timer already installed in a 3 wire connection setup. I...
Replies
Views
I have a Firebird oil boiler that is controlled by a Honeywell timer (no thermostat) that has channels for hot water and central heating...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock