Discuss Changing CU for ELECSA Inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tomKett

Morning all,

Hope somebody can help with the following?

About to change a CU for my ELECSA Part P inspection, when doing an inspection last night I noticed that the sheathing on the neutral core of the supply cable is damaged.

Dropbox - Photos - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.

Does this need to be repaired prior to undertaking the CU change or should I just note it on the Certificate?

Also in the OSG it notes the CPC from the CU to the MET should be 16mm, is there any regulation from the MET back to the supply? The supply is TN-S. This looks like its currently 6mm?

Final question, need to upgrade the main bonding as also 6mm to 10mm, am I able to run this round the outside of the house?

Thanks for your time.

regards

Tom
If you need to share files between different computers check this out!
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTc3MjYwODQ5
This small bit of software places a folder in 'My computer' when you save anything within this folder it syncs up to your web account. Install it on multiple PC's and it will keep all folders up to date. Very clever and free for yoru first 2gb!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi tomkett
yes the neutral needs to be repaired with some heat shrink tube or otherwise suitable repair tape (not just insulation tape as the assessor might see this and not be impressed!), otherwise there is the danger of touching a part that should effectively not be live because it is normally sheathed.
the cpc from the main earth terminal in my opinion is owned by the supply company, thats why there is an MET for us to connect to so we don't touch anything on the main incoming cables, however someone may want to correct me on that. either way if your adiabatic equation works out that 6mm square is big enough, you can prove to the assessor that you have worked it out and is large enough for the installation.
the bonding around the outside of the house, i can't see anything forbidding it in the regs as long the cable is bs rated to be outside.

IMO as the sheathing damage is on the Supply side its down to the DNO to repair Phone them and ask their advice Note this on your cert and note what advice they give ie: time of their visit If they refuse ect cover yourself as for the MET and main earths upgrade these on the Outgoing side if its the incoming side mention this on your call to the DNO and note answer on cert
as for running the cable round the building IMO looks rubbish but if you have eliminated other possibilities then no reason why not if done with appropriatly rated cable system

Reply to Changing CU for ELECSA Inspection in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net