Discuss Channel 5 - Illegals: Breaking into Britain in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

The main problem is Europe,as long as the immigrants keep moving europe is happy,French police do nothing to stop them getting into trucks at the port because they are leaving France,you cannot send them back without papers as the country they originated from will simply not accept them.They come over here and simply don't wish to integrate,on Sunday at a car boot I heard a polish woman bawling a 5 year old out in Polish,now here's the question,at that age that child will be in a british school speaking english,so the mother should speak english too,either integrate or go home.Recently I saw a classic,a coloured woman whose family moved from Sri Lanka to france came to live over here,she has a 4 year old daughter who allegedly has learning difficulties,basically she has trouble speaking.After spending an hour with these people it became obvious what the problem is.The grandparents speak no english,the woman and her partner speak French and her native language, the poor child is in a nursery where they are trying to teach it english,basically the child is so confused at being spoken to in 3 different languages.there is only one way to stop illegals entering this country and that is to fill all the trucks with a poison gas,after a few of them pop off the rest will stop coming here,yes I know it sounds brutal but I'm sick to death of all that goes on and of being made to feel like a foreigner in my own country.One day when our island is full of these people europe will close it's borders and Britain will have become it's rubbish tip where all europes undesirables will be sent,kind of like Alcatraz.

A few years ago I worked in Germany, the wife came out to see me with the oldest son (the only one at the time) we went for a day out somewhere and he did something that warranted a telling off which I delivered in English.
How dare I refuse to integrate with the local population, how dare I speak in my own language in a different country which was good enough to provide me with work, how dare I disregard the feelings of the locals who may not have had a clue what I was saying.

Well at least you are self aware. :p

Anyway that doesn't count. it only counts if you are a foreigner coming over here nicking our jobs and wimmin.

Lets dispel a few myths here.
If someone comes here illegally
They are not entitled to claim benefits.
They are not entitled to housing whether free or paid for/ social or private.
They are not entitled to bring their families over from whatever hellhole they come from.
Think about it logically for a minute, these programmes are made for a reason and that is to whip people into an indignant fury. The facts are usually very different, slave labour in terrible conditions that they cannot escape from. Yes the problem exists, I don't dispute that but ffs don'y buy into the BNP/EDL/gutter press BS. Use your head.
If somebody has come here using a fake passport why would you assume they don't have other fake documents?
They may not be entitled to benefits, but they weren't entitled to be here in the first place, but they are.
How do you explain that?

A few years ago I worked in Germany, the wife came out to see me with the oldest son (the only one at the time) we went for a day out somewhere and he did something that warranted a telling off which I delivered in English.
How dare I refuse to integrate with the local population, how dare I speak in my own language in a different country which was good enough to provide me with work, how dare I disregard the feelings of the locals who may not have had a clue what I was saying.
I was too young to work in Germany during the 'Auf Wiedersehen, Pet' years, but from what I've heard from those who did, that's pretty much spot on; they were treated much worse than the eastern Europeans are here now.

If somebody has come here using a fake passport why would you assume they don't have other fake documents?
They may not be entitled to benefits, but they weren't entitled to be here in the first place, but they are.
How do you explain that?
How do I explain what? Everyone knows that any system, no matter how tight you make it, will have a small number of people who abuse it by working around it.
Usually the illegals are employed by people of their own ethnicity who treat them like slaves and house them in appalling conditions.

How do I explain what? Everyone knows that any system, no matter how tight you make it, will have a small number of people who abuse it by working around it.
Usually the illegals are employed by people of their own ethnicity who treat them like slaves and house them in appalling conditions.
It's not a 'small number' though - there are hundreds of them in camps in Calais waiting to stowaway on lorries bound for Britain - there was a programme about it on Channel 5 the other day. They're not genuinely seeking asylum because they've already come through several 'safe' countries to get here, in fact they're already in a 'safe' country. They chose to go there yet they moan about the quality of the free accommodation. They want to come here because they've heard they'll get a free house and free money.

The Home Office should simply buy him a 1 way ticket from Heathrow, throwing in a taxi to the airport.

Why not throw them into a work based detention centre where it takes a minimum of 6 months to earn/pay for his/her ticket home as well as any costs incurred by his stay at the detention centre. Either that, or give the bill for the ticket to his/her national embassy and let them chase the individual for reimbursement in the country of origin!! Why should the UK pay!!

I have to agree there the ethnic are treated worse by there own kind than by us ,more of these gang bosses should be getting deported too . Shocking

There's a programme on Channel 5 at the moment about illegal immigrants. They've just been talking to some guy who came here in 1995 with a 'rented' passport, then he destroyed his own passport so he wouldn't be deported, paid £4k for fake papers so he could work, worked in construction until he'd saved enough to buy a house back home, and now he just steals for drugs money.

If this is all fabricated it's a wonder they get away with it.
I wouldn't take any notice of these programs, on benefits Britain they followed a guy from his house in Poland to the UK before he ever came here apparently with him saying good bye to his family and vowing to get 40k a year from the system. How did the BBC know about him and why didn't they report him to customs when he arrived with the film as evidence? it is all bollox.

It's not a 'small number' though - there are hundreds of them in camps in Calais waiting to stowaway on lorries bound for Britain - there was a programme about it on Channel 5 the other day. They're not genuinely seeking asylum because they've already come through several 'safe' countries to get here, in fact they're already in a 'safe' country. They chose to go there yet they moan about the quality of the free accommodation. They want to come here because they've heard they'll get a free house and free money.
Yes they have heard this, however they will be disappointed should they get here, the Governnment pays a small fortune stopping them coming here in the first place by employing staff in france and also paying towards the French police costs, regardless of politics here our way of life is tempting for many, only a few with a reason get this way of life, the illegals get hunted by border control, a lot of countries suffer the same problems.

I wouldn't take any notice of these programs, on benefits Britain they followed a guy from his house in Poland to the UK before he ever came here apparently with him saying good bye to his family and vowing to get 40k a year from the system. How did the BBC know about him and why didn't they report him to customs when he arrived with the film as evidence? it is all bollox.
Are you suggesting the whole thing was fabricated? You think a film maker went to Calais, staged a refugee camp and paid an actor to put on a foreign accent and say he was trying to get into Britain illegally, when in reality nothing of the sort happened, but the Broadcasting Standards Commission allow them to call it a documentary and put it on the telly anyway?

I appreciate some of these documentaries may be sexed up for the cameras, sometimes even have the image skewed to add a heightened sense of drama, but there has to be a certain element of truth in what they're showing.

As I've said elsewhere, it's important to take the information you're given, as in the hard core facts, and form your own opinion and not simply take the way a journalist has presented something as fact, but simply writing off any article which doesn't fit in with your ideal as fabrication and lies is just as blinkered.

Are you suggesting the whole thing was fabricated? You think a film maker went to Calais, staged a refugee camp and paid an actor to put on a foreign accent and say he was trying to get into Britain illegally, when in reality nothing of the sort happened, but the Broadcasting Standards Commission allow them to call it a documentary and put it on the telly anyway?

I appreciate some of these documentaries may be sexed up for the cameras, sometimes even have the image skewed to add a heightened sense of drama, but there has to be a certain element of truth in what they're showing.

As I've said elsewhere, it's important to take the information you're given, as in the hard core facts, and form your own opinion and not simply take the way a journalist has presented something as fact, but simply writing off any article which doesn't fit in with your ideal as fabrication and lies is just as blinkered.
What are you talking about, who said anything about a fabrication of a refugee camp in calais? your a typical right wing thinker who believes everyone who doens't speak english as a first language a money grabber, Yes I do believe it is good TV, how does the BBC know about a polish man who has never been to Britain intending to come here and try to rip the country off for 40k a year? how? they were apparently invited to his home where he told all on TV for our viewing. Would you go public on TV telling a well known world wide broadcasting company of your intentions if you intended to do the same? no, you would deny everything and anything and wouldn't want the attention, it is all bollox.

What are you talking about, who said anything about a fabrication of a refugee camp in calais? your a typical right wing thinker who believes everyone who doens't speak english as a first language a money grabber, Yes I do believe it is good TV, how does the BBC know about a polish man who has never been to Britain intending to come here and try to rip the country off for 40k a year? how? they were apparently invited to his home where he told all on TV for our viewing. Would you go public on TV telling a well known world wide broadcasting company of your intentions if you intended to do the same? no, you would deny everything and anything and wouldn't want the attention, it is all bollox.
I don't need you to tell me what I believe, I'll make up my own mind thank you very much.

I was talking about a programme on Channel 5 called Illegals: Breaking into Britain, where they showed a refugee camp in Calais housing a load of people trying to get into Britain illegally. You seem to be talking about a different programme on a different channel.

I don't know how they found the people to film, maybe they put an advert in the local paper, maybe they found them via word of mouth, and I don't know what the subjects thought they were being filmed for. Maybe they didn't realise it was the BBC, maybe they didn't realise the film makers were planning to portray them in a bad light, but they did. You can see on the programme that they did. There was another programme called 'Benefits street' where the residents of a street were shown as a load of spongers. They didn't know they were going to be shown as a load of spongers, they thought they were being filmed for a programme about communities. They wouldn't have agreed to it otherwise. I don't think how they found the subjects of the programme is enough of an unanswered question to discredit the whole programme.

I don't need you to tell me what I believe, I'll make up my own mind thank you very much.

I was talking about a programme on Channel 5 called Illegals: Breaking into Britain, where they showed a refugee camp in Calais housing a load of people trying to get into Britain illegally. You seem to be talking about a different programme on a different channel.

I don't know how they found the people to film, maybe they put an advert in the local paper, maybe they found them via word of mouth, and I don't know what the subjects thought they were being filmed for. Maybe they didn't realise it was the BBC, maybe they didn't realise the film makers were planning to portray them in a bad light, but they did. You can see on the programme that they did. There was another programme called 'Benefits street' where the residents of a street were shown as a load of spongers. They didn't know they were going to be shown as a load of spongers, they thought they were being filmed for a programme about communities. They wouldn't have agreed to it otherwise. I don't think how they found the subjects of the programme is enough of an unanswered question to discredit the whole programme.
And we will make our mind up so stop spouting crap all over the forum, your worse than dingledongle lmao

Reply to Channel 5 - Illegals: Breaking into Britain in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock