Discuss cheap extention lead set up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

thekingiam

i was looking into buying a extention reel for measuring and came across a kewtech gadget that uses any household extention lead was thinking about what i had in my tool box already and made this set up all i am missing is a test lead with crocodile clip attachment what do you think?cheap extention lead set up IMG_20120819_115801 - EletriciansForums.netcheap extention lead set up IMG_20120819_115812 - EletriciansForums.net
would my assesor be happy?

it works! anyone else thought of this? if anyone wants to buy a simillar product i will sell you a set for 50 quid not including extention reel or postage.

shh don't tell anyone! i will cut you in for 2 quid every one i sell!!!
50 might be a bit dear what about 40?
do you know where i can buy some sort of label to hide the kewtech and martindale one?

Yeah just stick a bog standard voltage type warning notice over it with the lightning bolt on it , job done lol.( Yeah I know it's mostly dead test before you all jump on me lol)

cheers guys i would like to give you all a cut in the profits but times are hard
ps i have patented this idea so if i see anyone else doing this i will ring the police or tell my mum of you?

I have one of these & after I bought mine I think Tel. got one as well electricians R2 30 metre extension wander lead for Megger, Fluke, metrel etc | eBay

It's fine & does exactly what is says on the tin.

i was going to buy one until i thought up this way,but why stop at 30 metres why not 50 .
my way you can use something you own already use as many extention cables needed ( within reason, cheap and less lugage to carry around.

The extension lead cobbled together with socket adapters and all that seem great, but it soon become a little cumbersome what dragging it all about on an EICR.

You then think forking out for a proper R2 lead isn't a bad idea after all.

Reply to cheap extention lead set up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock