Discuss Cheap impact......... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Suppose down in Cornwall you are still fitting gas lamps 'p)))

Very droll, I was involved in the electrical 'side' of an installation of 4 cast iron columns with copper gas lanterns in the early 1990s in Redruth,Cornwall. This was part of a regeneration scheme and in recognition of William Murdoch who had the first house lit by gas lamps in the town apparently. And for a few years we used to replace the mantles. :)

It didn't work as I believe Redruth is one of the poorest places in the UK.

I was yanking your chain Mr OCD.

Yes I was just telling you a little story SWD, they were so unreliable that I had to source all electric versions that looked identical, and no one ever complained.... Yes it's a pretty poor area, yet one of the richest in the heyday of tin mining, long gone now.

If it wasn't for Isle of Man & Joey Dunlop I wouldn't exist (my parents met each other on the Isle of Man when there for the TT, around 1975).

TT fortnight has just started, currently practice week. Mad Sunday at the weekend and then race week starts.
The whole building trade shuts down for the whole week, hope it’s sunny..
Good story btw :)

If't your 40th tell them not to be so tight you can get a nice watch for £6k and just remind them that you will be the one choosing their care home...........

If they are splashing out on ridiculous pointless items, every notable birthday point, they'll have no dosh left and they'll be going straight into the council one, which smells of ---- & cabbage.

I have one but only use it when I need to, I also can’t be doing with the noise.
Those multicutters make a bloody racket too..
See lads using them to cut all sorts, whining away for 10 minutes when a sharp saw would do it in about 30 seconds

I find it very entertaining on site watching other trades struggle with a sharp saw on site when there are more efficient tools available

A very good point Charlie, using tools just for the sake of it when there are quicker and better ways. I've even seen idiots doing up socket terminal screws with a cordless ffs. :rolleyes:

I find using tools a necessity my finger nails keep breaking tightening screws and chewing through wood is damaging my teeth:):):)

It's quiet because it has very little torque

Who wants another impact tool,when for that money,you could get a go on Velocity2 and feel like a Marvel character ;)

Reply to Cheap impact......... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock